Super Contributor

For the last several weeks I have noticed an ad at the bottom of the home page. Why is this a "thing?"

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ad at bottom of home page

A puzzle with no answer - apparently.  I've read that we shall not make reference (in some way - I don't understand) to other commercial websites - but, yet, I see Amazon and others advertising at the bottom of Q screen.  Clueless here

Honored Contributor

I loaded AdBlocker Plus (it's free) and it stopped those ads.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@just4me

Its because your security software doesnt include an ad blocker which are available for phones, tablets, and computers.......My security system does and i dont see any ads on QVC'S website......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

A puzzle with no answer - apparently.  I've read that we shall not make reference (in some way - I don't understand) to other commercial websites - but, yet, I see Amazon and others advertising at the bottom of Q screen.  Clueless here

@fthunt

Under the Customer Care tab we clarified the situation with the Moderators regarding websites....its OK to show things like photos of products or discuss other sites. However you can't include a hyperlink to another website or mention a specific price or post special promotions or specific sale prices or post ads for other sites etc.......Under the Holiday/Home categories we do this...for example I posted photos of merchandise from Pier 1...but no prices were mentioned...........

Susan-QVC

Re: Hi Social Team I Have A Question? 

@SPURT   If other retailers were deleted it would be because a link was provided, which is against standards.

Susan Q-Social

And from the Community Standards:

Do not use any Community features (including, but not limited to, video, forums, reviews, images, and profiles) to solicit funds, advertise, or solicit goods or services, or post third-party promotional material.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”