Occasional Contributor

Re: QVC to Rerun Midnight TSV from 2am-7am starting Monday Morn

I assume they are cutting back on hours for the hosts to save money!
I have a solution to help QVC to not have to worry about budgeting.
Lower the QVC card APR and give incentives to the old timers as we never got any huge perks signing up for a QCard and still don't!
I'm done using the high APR card. Pathetic. If you carry a balance you are not saving anything. Good for yous that don't carry a balance! A lot of us aren't financially blessed!
I haven't bought much lately too in general as the creeping finance charge doesnt help monthly with getting ahead. If I have to buy something I use a card with lower apr and has rewards.
This is what stores don't understand, if you want to bankrupt your customers, it ends up hurting you too!
Respected Contributor

Since this is the time I view, I will not be viewing!!

HSN has been doing this, and something makes no sense.  IF you are going to do this, why not repeat other shows, not just the SAME show over and over.

QVC will LOSE my business, as I don't watch any other time.

Hyacinth   Cat Mad

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

Interesting; I never watch during the night so I don't really care.  It saves them money not to bring in hosts in the wee hours, perhaps they figure sales are low during the night so they can save money not paying hosts when those shows are not selling enough.  I bet the hosts are loving the idea.

@Catch71 

But SOME of us DO watch during the night, so we care.

So they will have to decide whether losing we viewers is a good idea or not.

Hyacinth

Occasional Contributor

I'm up every morning at 3:45.  Not fond of seeing the TSV over and over again.  I think it's on enough during the day.  I'm guessing their saving money not paying host and everyone it takes to do live t.v.

Super Contributor

DUMB idea......saving money or not, it’s just not a smart thing to do.  

Super Contributor

ITA dumb idea.  I'm an early riser and enjoy the live shows.  Will not tune in until they are back live.  To repeat the same show over and over is NUTS even if it were items I enjoy.  Hope it fails...JMHO

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am unhappy with this decision (insomniac who likes the Q on while I read). The TSVs are run into the ground already.

Honored Contributor

For a long time, there were great deals in those early morning shows.  I know because I've made many purchases in those shows as I am routinely up during those hours.  It ran across many genres - jewelry, fashion, and kitchen items especially.

So, as an avid early morning purchaser from watching these morning shows, I definitely do not like these recorded shows (which I will not watch).

I do think the writing has been on the wall for a while.  Qurate touts its digital platforms every chance it gets.  QVC alone has several new brands that have proven financially successful (according to their recent quarterly report) online only, even before getting any air time.  For example, Rachel Hollis' line has been very successful for months, long before it even had one on-air show.  Many TV viewers still don't even know who she is.  But she has a huge presence on social media and her followers apparently are a big reason her items have been selling out on qvc.com.

Rick and Mary Beth, some of the last hold-outs to Instagram, have been posting regularly there now.  Courtney Cason has video travel segments -- discovering new places and cultures -- all on QVC's Youtube channel

Perhaps QVC has decided the time has come to shift away from live TV, and put even more focus on their digital platform. With all the recent new hosts, and TV channels, seems like they put the cart before the horse on that one, but only time will tell. 

This is probably just the beginning.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's pretty clear that broadcasting is no longer that important to them, and I guess it's understandable.  It will take long term TV viewers a while to adjust to it.

A month or so ago there was what they called a QxH Summit in West Chester; Michelle Yarn, a host from HSN attended and posted about it.  

That's where social media lessons were given to those hosts not yet comfortable, and Mary Beth and Rick both announced they had learned how to use Instagram.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow what a waste of time IMO. I didn't see the original post about this "test" but when I got up on Monday morning, since I don't watch the news I usually turn on QVC because at least it MIGHT be something I would watch, but nope, I won't be watching "reruns" from midnight.

For me I'll keep the TV off. Seeing a TSV presentation over and over and over for hours - nope, not even remotely of interest to me.