Honored Contributor

Here's an example of how poor and inadequate the Q's search function is:

I did a search on a basic which I know has lots of possibilities "denim big shirt".  I got 6 results; 4 were the same seersucker shirt and the other two weren't denim.  I can't help wonder how many sales they lose daily due to this sorry, inadequate, antiquated system.  They limp along on a system that's barely functional and spend money on new logos and other "fluff".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC's Search Feature

[ Edited ]

It's the same way at a lot of places online.

On Q try clicking on shop by category above, pick Fashion, pick blouses & tops & click on denim on the left side of page. It brings up 1 page of denim shirts. Not sure if it's all the denim shirts Q sells or not.

If you search Denim shirts it brings up 2 pages but not all denim or shirts. Maybe the shirt you are looking for will show up searching one of these.

Honored Contributor

i have found that the less words you use the better.

for example, denim shirt yields 169 items and big shirt yields 22 items.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I do agree that the search is useless especially on the iPhone Woman Frustrated

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

I agree that the "search" feature is one that alot of websites have trouble with.  For some reason, searches often return garbage results.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC's Search Feature

[ Edited ]

ITA

I'll get a glimpse of something online or on TV flipping by but can never find it unless it's a TSV.    I have a short attention span so I just give up.

I'm on Medicare, on a HMO and their search is totally useless. I can call but their call hours are limited.    It's not just Q

Valued Contributor

i agree that search engines do not retrieve what we are looking for.
it's not just here.

most of the time, you will also get some items that aren't even close to what you were searching for.

why?
my guess is that they want us to explore other things that they have for sale.
no thank you.
i'm grown and know what i want to purchase or get more information about.

if i want pink pants, don't bother showing me blue shoes

if i search for a specific brand by name, why on god's green earth would another brand also show up in the results?

next web site.