Honored Contributor

Sometimes, well often, a show gets boring or stale because the same host has presented it for so long with her perspective. IMHO, Amy is breathing a little new life into PM Style...much needed. Shoe Shopping With Jane could use a boost as well. Carolyn’s Denim & Co. and garden shows...the same.

Of course, often nothing gets changed, but doesn’t hurt to state the obvious. 

Honored Contributor

Re: SHAKE UP HOSTS AND SHOWS

I read here on one of the forums when Amy took over on PM Style, that Shawn will be taking over Jane's shoe shopping show.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom

Oh please, I hope that isn't true.  I never care for the shoes Shawn wears so I hope she doesn't have much input!  A little too "out there" for me.

Esteemed Contributor

The one and only new thing the Q has done this year is "shake up hosts and shows." The items presented are all the same ol' same ol', but now there's a slew of shows renamed to be attached to specific hosts, and a bunch of host swapping on current shows has already taken place.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus I hope you  know I always enjoy and respect your posts, but on this one we'll have to agree to disagree... For me (and that's all I'm saying...) for any host change to breathe new life into a show I'd first have to be able to tolerate that host... In the case of PMS, I can't... Beyond that, merely rearranging the chaos only goes so far when the merchandise, the format, the hard-sell and the too-long presentations of a single item have all grown so incredibly stale... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Shanus@stevieb@loriqvc@Catch71@KingstonsMom

Perhaps a bit os a “shake-up” will enliven viewers feelings about the products?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Sometimes it's the products presented in the shows that are more stale than even the hosts. There needs  to more than a change in hosts and perspectives, IMO, tho changing the hosts around can't hurt. Some hosts do annoy the H*** out of me so it doesn't matter where they stick 'em. Or, am I being just a negative Nellie? I do shop here and and aside from sizing issues for clothing, have been very pleased with my purchases. But I seldom watch the live TV presentations any more, & less over time. 

As I sit here at my computer, I am using a Rachael Ray dish for my bean dip, have on 2 pieces of LOGO & a pair of Clarks, and am using some readers--all from QVC, tho a couple of years back.

I do appreciate the Q website as far as the product information goes.  QVC's little pricing games and the semi-destruction of our Wish List aside, I find their website much more helpful than HSN's.

Respected Contributor

not happy that Gabrielle is no longer on Q2 Sat AM Style - at all.  this replacing of host is a step back. 

Honored Contributor

The shake up happening now is causing an uproar.  For me, it doesn't matter who the host is.  On the forum, it feels like the I won't watch with a new host is the leading vote.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@KingstonsMom

Oh please, I hope that isn't true.  I never care for the shoes Shawn wears so I hope she doesn't have much input!  A little too "out there" for me.

@Catch71  No worries. Absolutely positive SK does not get her shoes from the Q.