Super Contributor

Re: QVC's FIRST QUARTER RESULTS 2014-

On 5/12/2014 stevieb said:
On 5/12/2014 ennui1 said:
On 5/11/2014 SPURT said:

"We attribute part of this to QVC's high-quality, differentiated product offering and our ability to know what customers want, when they want it. We look forward to bringing this expertise, as well as our engaging multi platform shopping experience, to the French market."

WHAT differentiated product offering?????

We get our choice of vacuum cleaners.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Now that's just not fair. We also get our choice of blenders, mattresses and computers...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Over and over and over again, we get those choices...

We are faced with a forced decision in which all options have equally negative outcomes.

Wink

Honored Contributor

On 5/12/2014 stevieb said:

I guess the most surprising thing to me is that "corporate" didn't cite the rough winter as yet another excuse for the mediocre (at best) numbers... Maybe they realized just how lame that would come across.

Well Stevie at least Mikkie did not make the same mistake as "aunt" Mindy citing the weather even though they are a HOME SHOPPING CHANNEL---{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

When will BOTH channels learn----ENOUGH WITH ELECTRONICS!

Of course there is QVC's own definition of the word "new" and "variety" as many have cited.....different vacuums, blenders, pc's/tablets, and different types of wine, and let's not forget the hundred different versions of that mandolin/food chopper with each time a higher price--- all count as "new" and "variety".....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Why even Valerie's last show---just more of the SAME---MORE gazing globes, mason jars, ...although the ceramic bird luminary was tempting.....and the bird lamp was cute (although not presented just briefly shown)...zinnia wreath and plant were nice, but cheaper look a likes at Home Goods--.rest appeared more like a take on a Temptations Show with cutting boards, ceramic serving bowls and salt and pepper shakers--although cute, where is the REAL home decor stuff {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 5/12/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

It's a shame they don't listen to viewers (or those of us who want to be viewers). If they did, they could earn a whole lot more than 1% per quarter!

Your right Calmin and a price increase helped to edge out that 1% profit....but the Q refuses to listen to customers.....and what they are selling it appears a lot is coming back....

And they must read the boards/FB---because Carolyn cited comments made about her clothes being to small (she will try a larger size and her regular size and wear what looks best)....comments about her buying everything on QVC which is pretty prevelant on the forums.....And numerous hosts have mentioned product changes based on customer comments---but I don't know if they are from Forums/FB or reviews....But they totally ignore THE IMPORTANT feedback---about product and programming variety---so they have only themselves to blame about the lack of interest for electronics.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 5/12/2014 kachina624 said: Those poor people in the UK must not have any place to shop. Wonder if they have Walmart? If not, it's a ripe market. I'm tickled pink to hear that electronics didn't do well. I wonder if the Haier fiasco had anything to do with it? It certainly affected returns because I think they all went bouncing back. Serves them right for foisting junk on customers.

Hi kachina---

Ah....but UKG's results are a bit of fuzzy math---their average sales price increased 12% which could have helped the results, but units sold still DECREASED 3%......

But what happened to their shinning star Italy with their 17% increase---sales were flat---

Contributor

I don't think you people know how to read a quarterly earnings statement. These were actually respectable numbers. In fact, they're so good, that Liberty Media is planning to create a tracking stock that separates QVC from its other businesses like Evite and Backcountry.com so people can see how well QVC is doing.

Honored Contributor

Well Spurt, it would appear it's time to order another uniform...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Idiots that we are...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to say but qvc has become very stale! I do not buy much from them anymore, as amazon and other sites are a much better deal for the most part- with free shipping! Also tired of paying the over the top salaries of the hosts- bragging about their second homes and trips!(Jane t and jill love to do that) I think qvc has seen its day, it had a great run, hope it improves.

Honored Contributor

On 5/13/2014 stevieb said:

Well Spurt, it would appear it's time to order another uniform...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Idiots that we are...

Wink

isn't going from a 5% increase in revenue from the last quarter to a 1% increase in revenue this quarter a DOWN TREND----or did I fall asleep in math class ...I thought 5 was a bigger number than 1.....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

On 5/13/2014 island breeze said:

I don't think you people know how to read a quarterly earnings statement. These were actually respectable numbers. In fact, they're so good, that Liberty Media is planning to create a tracking stock that separates QVC from its other businesses like Evite and Backcountry.com so people can see how well QVC is doing.

Let's see

Macy's reported a 3.2 increase in revenue for first quarter (QVC 1%)

Struggling JCP reported a 3.8 increase in sales compared to last year (QVC 1%).....

Honored Contributor

On 5/14/2014 SPURT said:
On 5/13/2014 island breeze said:

Let's see

Macy's reported a 3.2 increase in revenue for first quarter (QVC 1%)

Struggling JCP reported a 3.8 increase in sales compared to last year (QVC 1%).....

No, I'm not a business person, and call me naive, but isn't a single percent growth based largely on higher prices (and shipping, let's not forget shipping), while continuing to incessantly foist the same things out there that aren't selling and are, in fact, being returned sort of iffy business practice...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...