Honored Contributor

Re: QVC's FIRST QUARTER RESULTS 2014-

On 5/18/2014 SoX said:

Hey, you guys ... let's not forget all the high-end stuff G.I.L.I. is bringing in ... that should raise revenues at least another 1% next quarter.

You are right Sox-----the order price per household will definitely suffer until Lisa returns with her fall show and high end products----(BTW so don't garment manufacturer's have something similar to copyrights on their designs)- But don't lose heart, afterall, we will have plenty of PC's/tablets, vacuums, and blenders to pick up the slack......and also don't forget the fake diamond and gemstone jewelry....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 5/18/2014 stevieb said:

Spurt, Spurt, Spurt, of course it's SPECIAL, cotton... It's that high end cotton that only the Q uses, while all the others selling cotton use, that more mundane stuff... Think drusy here, Spurt...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn it's actually Italian cotton..

Wink

THAT'S IT!!!!....why of course, the ITALIAN cotton ...grown and manufactured by exclusive farms in Italy.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 5/19/2014 SPURT said:

Spurt, Spurt, Spurt, of course it's SPECIAL, cotton... It's that high end cotton that only the Q uses, while all the others selling cotton use, that more mundane stuff... Think drusy here, Spurt...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Wink

THAT'S IT!!!!....why of course, the ITALIAN cotton ...grown and manufactured by exclusive farms in Italy.....

You see there's this old lady in the hills of Tuscany and her cotton looks like silk but when they discovered it they asked "Oh my, is this silk?", but, of course, she proclaimed " no, it's "coooottttttooooonnnnnnn." You'll have to get Josie to tell you the story for the full impact...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

I used to love QVC and I do enjoy some of their shows and products or learning that some of these gadgets even exist. I have tired of all the make-up, beauty shows. How much of that can anyone use? For me the expensive creams are a waste of money the ones I have tried really did not do much and someone once said if any of this stuff really worked it would be on CNN not QVC. I say save your money and head for the dermatolgist or plastic surgeons office they have products that might actually be good for your skin. People should purchase what they want not dogging anyone but for me it was all the makeup shows and the high cost of a t-shirt that plus the increase in silver, used to love Judith Ripka but I am trying to be more cautious with my money these days. So very rarely watch anymore.

Honored Contributor

On 5/19/2014 stevieb said:
On 5/19/2014 SPURT said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Wink

You see there's this old lady in the hills of Tuscany and her cotton looks like silk but when they discovered it they asked "Oh my, is this silk?", but, of course, she proclaimed " no, it's "coooottttttooooonnnnnnn." You'll have to get Josie to tell you the story for the full impact...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

LOL----Great minds think alike...I was thinking of a Ms Josie tie-in myself......Wink And I can just picture Josie and models running the fabric over their bodies to demonstrate the softness and durability of the cotton.........{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Contributor

attributed to Liberty Interactive Group

• Grew QVC US revenue by 1% and adjusted OIBDA(2)by 3% in the first quarter <ul> <li class="bwlistitemmargb">QVC US operating income increased by 3%
  • QVC.com revenue as a percent of total US revenue increased to 45%, a 327 bps increase
  • QVC US mobile penetration was 37% of QVC.com orders
</li> </ul>
Honored Contributor

On 5/20/2014 island breeze said:

attributed to Liberty Interactive Group

• Grew QVC US revenue by 1% and adjusted OIBDA(2)by 3% in the first quarter <ul> <li class="bwlistitemmargb">QVC US operating income increased by 3%
  • QVC.com revenue as a percent of total US revenue increased to 45%, a 327 bps increase
  • QVC US mobile penetration was 37% of QVC.com orders
</li> </ul> .

A couple sentences are missing....

For QVC USA-QVC's US revenue increased 1% to $1.3 billion in the first quarter primarily as a result of strength in all categories except electronics. Average selling price per unit ("ASP") increased 1% from $60.51 to $60.89 and units sold increased 1% compared to the prior year first quarter. Returns as a percent of gross product revenue increased by 106 basis points due to higher rates in electronics, home and accessories

...-

In the same period, eCommerce revenue increased 8% to $590 million and grew to 45% from 42% as a percentage of total US revenue. Adjusted OIBDA increased 3% to $301 million and adjusted OIBDA margin(2) increased 63 basis points in the first quarter. Adjusted OIBDA margin increased primarily due to higher product margins.

Honored Contributor

Now Spurt, you know rational arguments don't work with the Q cheering squad.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...