Super Contributor

QVC please don’t run video automatically!

When I want to look at an item on QVC online and I click on it now it launches into a video, not only does it launch I can't even figure out how to stop it without just clicking off the product altogether. It is very intrusive. I want the OPTION  to listen to avideo that I can stop and start at will. I often shop QVC online because I don't like the high-pressure sales, hots interrupting guest to yell how many are left, order right now, when it's gone it's gone! Now my online viewing is feeling that way and while I'm venting let's just talk about the "almost gone pop up" aggressive, pushy and I do not enjoy it. Surely this is not helping sales.

QVC Customer Care

Re: QVC please don’t run video automatically!

@Summer Shine wrote:

When I want to look at an item on QVC online and I click on it now it launches into a video, not only does it launch I can't even figure out how to stop it without just clicking off the product altogether. It is very intrusive. I want the OPTION  to listen to avideo that I can stop and start at will. I often shop QVC online because I don't like the high-pressure sales, hots interrupting guest to yell how many are left, order right now, when it's gone it's gone! Now my online viewing is feeling that way and while I'm venting let's just talk about the "almost gone pop up" aggressive, pushy and I do not enjoy it. Surely this is not helping sales.

@Summer Shine  At the bottom of the video, there should be a box you can uncheck that reads "Play Video Automatically".  I hope this helps.  

Super Contributor

THANK YOU MELVIN!!!

Honored Contributor

A mod replied how not to get automatic videos.

New Contributor

Please stop these videos. They scare my cat with the noise. I'm ready to stop ordering

New Contributor

Can't find that stop button

Respected Contributor

@Catd915  You are correct.  No such fix and it is extremely annoying.

Honored Contributor

@Melvin-QVC wrote:

@Summer Shine wrote:

@Summer Shine  At the bottom of the video, there should be a box you can uncheck that reads "Play Video Automatically".  I hope this helps.  

@Melvin-QVC,

For me the video starts playing before I can uncheck the box that says play video automatically. It goes on so fast, you don't have time to uncheck it.

I have to keep clicking on the pictures over and over to stop the video.

Maybe this complaint could be forwarded to those that might change it? If you can thank you!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

just click on a color choice it stalls the video then gives you a choice to 'return to video' or not.

Honored Contributor

@Melvin-QVC 

On a laptop, that box is there to check or un-check.

However, on a tablet, there is no box to check.  Only recently, in the past couple of weeks, has the irritating automatic play of the video started.

For example, you click on an item to view. Everything's fine until you click on a color choice. The video starts playing in the background -- it's only the AUDIO that you hear, while looking at that color option.  It's not showing you the video (that you didn't click to see), it's the audio of the video playing. 

This never used to happen before. This is a QVC IT issue.