Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC please don’t run video automatically!

[ Edited ]

I just turn down the audio on whatever device I'm using and any video can play while I'm browsing but you will not be interrupted with the sound.  And yes you can do that on any device.  If I am going to a site I want to hear I turn it up.  I always have my audio turned down on my laptop.  

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC please don’t run video automatically!

[ Edited ]

@eadu4 wrote:

I just turn down the audio on whatever device I'm using and any video can play while I'm browsing but you will not be interrupted with the sound.  And yes you can do that on any device.  If I am going to a site I want to hear I turn it up.  I always have my audio turned down on my laptop.  

@eadu4   Yes, when I remember, I do that too.  But I'm on my tablet with many apps and websites open at one time (often comparing prices or checking social media reels).  I have my volume set for those where I like it.  So remembering that I now have to turn it down just for QVC --  back & forth. 

Also, I play music on my tablet in the background.  But when the QVC video plays it automatically cuts off my music playing.  So I have to then stop the QVC video, and then go back to the music app and restart my music.

It's just a nuisance, and it this has only been happening recently.  It was not like this before a few weeks ago.

@Melvin-QVC