Esteemed Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I've had QVC channels freeze up very frequently on my Roku device this week. Is there any suggestion to fix this? None of the other channels I watch do this and it's not an internet problem. The screen just freezes, not the usual little circle if the connection is bad. Sometimes if I ignore it, it will come back on but this morning it's not starting back up again. What am I doing wrong?

@Carolina925   It is not you or Roku.  I have been having a horrible time with it and I have the new Roku that just came out.  This is a QVC issue according to Roku and my Cable co.  Mine is really bad around 1-2 am.  I am a night owl and it really is frustrating.  Turning it off and on will do nothing.  I will think of you next time mine goes out.  LOL  If Q don't update their internet services that will kill their business.  

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe , thanks for that info. I didn't know what to do other than reach out to Roku. Mine is old but, since that's the only channel I have issues with, I couldn't see trying to buy a new device. Mine happens usually around 7 AM or earlier in the pre-recorded shows. I was watching Rastelli's presentation this morning, pre-recorded, when it froze. I was considering it, even though it's a lot of money for me, but thought it'd be a nice treat. When I got it unfroze, he was saying something about needing two ovens if the caller wanted to make it like he does. I don't know why I would need two ovens but it lost my attention. I do know, however, that if they lose my business, it won't hurt them Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

@BalletBabe , thanks for that info. I didn't know what to do other than reach out to Roku. Mine is old but, since that's the only channel I have issues with, I couldn't see trying to buy a new device. Mine happens usually around 7 AM or earlier in the pre-recorded shows. I was watching Rastelli's presentation this morning, pre-recorded, when it froze. I was considering it, even though it's a lot of money for me, but thought it'd be a nice treat. When I got it unfroze, he was saying something about needing two ovens if the caller wanted to make it like he does. I don't know why I would need two ovens but it lost my attention. I do know, however, that if they lose my business, it won't hurt them Woman Very Happy

@Carolina925   You know I love this new one.  It controls the tv as well.  They are on sale right now on Amazon for 24.99.  I don't have 4k tv but my picture is beautiful.  It is really fast also. Incase you want one look for this description.   

Roku Streaming Stick 4K | Streaming Device 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision with Roku Voice Remote and TV Controls

This is 50% off right now.   
Honored Contributor

OK!  In a 2-hour time period, the QVC/HSN channel has frozen 6 separate times.  I'm done with watching today.

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Carolina925 wrote:

@Carolina925   You know I love this new one.  It controls the tv as well.  They are on sale right now on Amazon for 24.99.  I don't have 4k tv but my picture is beautiful.  It is really fast also. Incase you want one look for this description.   

Roku Streaming Stick 4K | Streaming Device 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision with Roku Voice Remote and TV Controls

I have that Roku streaming stick and it freezes on QVC and HSN too.  Only channels where I have this problem.  

Esteemed Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Carolina925 wrote:

I have that Roku streaming stick and it freezes on QVC and HSN too.  Only channels where I have this problem.  

@IamDoodles   Everyone is having issues.  Not sure why.  Mine are worse late at night.

Esteemed Contributor

This obviously won't fix QVC's app problem, but if you're in the market for an upgrade to your Roku device and can wait two weeks, they always have good Black Friday deals on the Roku website and at many major retailers.

Frequent Contributor

The recent changes to the QVC streaming app are horrible. It has been freezing for me and it's very frustrating. After several times of this, I usually turn it off. It's not worth the hassle. I've been streaming QVC on Roku for years, and this problem has just started. I believe that QVC has loaded up the app with way too much "stuff" recently, causing the freezes. What a pain in the neck for us viewers. 

Honored Contributor

@teachgrd3 wrote:

The recent changes to the QVC streaming app are horrible. It has been freezing for me and it's very frustrating. After several times of this, I usually turn it off. It's not worth the hassle. I've been streaming QVC on Roku for years, and this problem has just started. I believe that QVC has loaded up the app with way too much "stuff" recently, causing the freezes. What a pain in the neck for us viewers. 

@teachgrd3   Agreed!  It was never like this.

In the past few days it's been horrible, freezing up several times in a one hour show.

I counted, there are over a hundred videos loaded -- from short presentations, entire shows, and special event videos.  They are tied to shopping directly from what you're watchng, by using that UPC code.  Whatever QVC is doing in the background now, they haven't done it well.  

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

This obviously won't fix QVC's app problem, but if you're in the market for an upgrade to your Roku device and can wait two weeks, they always have good Black Friday deals on the Roku website and at many major retailers.

@loriqvc  Amazon has the best buy right now.  Their new one was 49.99 and is now on sale for 24.99.  I bought one and it is really fast and Ilove it BUT it won't fix the freezing.  It is QVC's site.  I called Roku and my ISP