Respected Contributor

Reviews aren't worth the paper they're printed on.  LOL  Even when they actually bought it, I wonder if they bought the same thing I did.   I do skim them, but I don't totally rely on them.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Re: QVC how can you allow this?

I do read reviews on items I am considering purchasing.  I also do not think it is appropriate for reviews to be published if the reviewer has not owned the item.

When I read reviews I read the "rating from low to high".  I screen them pretty carefully because I realize some low ratings are not relative to the quality of the item/product more so the user/buyer frustrations on other issues.

Esteemed Contributor

Why should you have to buy something to have an opinion about it. I may see something on TV and think it's ugly and will say so or I may have bought something similar from somewhere else or even the same item from somewhere else at a cheaper price and may say so. I frequently see shoes that were sold on QVC originally at other retailers. If I try them on or see them at a cheaper price, I may let others know. I don't give QVC reviews on their product page though, I only state my opinion here on the boards. I also don't post comments on QVC's fb page either.

Super Contributor

Oh, I see this with recipe reviews too!  They give the recipe 5 stars, then go on to say "this looks delicious, I can't wait to try it!".  

Trusted Contributor

@TY wrote:

Why should you have to buy something to have an opinion about it. I may see something on TV and think it's ugly and will say so or I may have bought something similar from somewhere else or even the same item from somewhere else at a cheaper price and may say so. I frequently see shoes that were sold on QVC originally at other retailers. If I try them on or see them at a cheaper price, I may let others know. I don't give QVC reviews on their product page though, I only state my opinion here on the boards. I also don't post comments on QVC's fb page either.

Because a "review" should be someone's actual experience with the product, not how they imagine it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@debic wrote:

Reviews aren't worth the paper they're printed on.  LOL  Even when they actually bought it, I wonder if they bought the same thing I did.   I do skim them, but I don't totally rely on them.

I agree!!

Respected Contributor

I'm kinda surprised at this from QVC. Isn't there a box to check, if you have purchased it? I tried to submit a review on an item I purchased, but not from QVC, it wasn't accepted. 

Valued Contributor

I can't believe it either.  I read one review where one star was given because the Q did not carry the shoe in her size in a wide.  Duh

Frequent Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I was gonna say that...Smiley Tongue
Frequent Contributor

Or you're reading a review and realize they are reviewing a completely different product. This is why when I do reviews, I try to do pictures, and include details like which color or size I purchased, if it's clothes I'm specific about my body type/size, etc etc.