Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC how can you allow this?

@Alexa6352

I also wish they wouldn't allow reviews unless the reviewer states their measurements and the size they ordered amd whether it runs big or small.   Most reviews don't give the information others might need.  It helps me tremendously when people give their stats, body type and the size they ordered even if they aren't my size I can get an idea.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased an item on HSN as a "guest" and did not use my HSN card.  (I never use my QVC card either, but that's a whole other thread)  I loved the item I got from HSN and wanted to leave a positive review, but their website wouldn't let me post a review because there wasn't a charge for that item on my HSN card.  No proof that I actually purchased it. 

Oh well.  Their loss - I was really going to praise it highly.

Then there's QVC who allows anybody to review anything, whether they actually purchased the item or not.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

QVC at least updated their review system and asks if you purchased the item you're reviewing.  I don't know what the do with that info though!

I don't take reviews at face value on any website. I read/review/analyze them before decide if they're relevant to me. 

Honored Contributor

Ridiculous that people post reviews on items they haven't received. 

Honored Contributor

You don't have to own or purchase the item to review it.  I know, it makes no sense at all and cheapens the value of customer reviews.  Anyone can make up anything they want about any product the choose....and it's perfectly ok with QVC.

Honored Contributor

On some other sites, if you read the first dozen reviews, they’re obviously written by the manufacturer...glowing reports of fit, style, etc. That many reviews in similar wording w/ all all 5 star ratings? 

I can’t trust reviews anymore. I think some people on Q just write them and give negative or positive ones after using a product once. 

As far as fashion, fit and opinions are an individual judgement call. I either want to order the item, pay shipping & return shipping if I don’t like it, or more often, purchase my clothing at the stores where I can try it on. Same is true especially w/ shoes. I could have purchased 5 pair w/ the money I’ve spent in returns.

Respected Contributor

It goes on on these forums all the time. They "allow" it. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Just ignore the reviews by people who don't have the shoe.  It's not a huge deal, IMO.  

I find a lot of the reviews to be useless.  People talk about how much they love or hate something but don't give reasons that make sense.   I want to know about the item, not how good it looks on them or that it wasn't their style.

Respected Contributor

That is like reviewing a product based on watching its TV Commercial!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

How can they write a review without having the product????Woman Surprised