Respected Contributor

Re: QVC has really changed...

[ Edited ]

I once heard Mary Beth Roe say - as in passing - 'with shipping it will be a little more'.  She was referring to ez pay.

P.S.  Now that I have Roku, I check in to QVC at 6 p.m. (what I call the 'dead hour').  News, news and more of the same news.  I stay in touch with current events via a news app I check once a day.  I am so out of touch with the Q, I keep up here with your posts.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Keep in mind that QCard is a bank credit card with a 20% or more finance charge.  So those easy pays get that finance charge added to them every month by the BANK.

I have four credit cards, all with 0% finance charge.  I wouldn’t use a credit card with a finance charge.  When it runs out, I just do a balance transfer from another card for a very low amount. Most banks will then extend your 0% finance charge for the same period as the prior one.  I just did one with Wells Fargo, transferred $100 from another card, and they extended my 0% for 18 months.  Try it!  

Oh, and I happened to have a $47 dollar credit, so I told them to apply it as a payment on the $100 balance, which they did, so my new balance on that card is now $53, which I will pay immediately.  Sounds complicated, but it isn’t.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Occasional Contributor

I so agree. The hosts are so unprofessional.Leah, MaryBeth, Jayne and Jill are the only ones left with class. Some look like they should be working a corner somewhere. The new hosts don't have a clue. I've shopped with QVC for 30 years but hardly order or watch anymore. SAD,

Honored Contributor

As far as the free exchanges, I attempted to do it once.  The correct size was out of stock so I got a refund minus the shipping and return label.   That isn't what I wanted.  I've pretty much stopped buying clothing from QVC.  I do like Linea and the line is quality, but I don't need to pay $60.+ per item.  

Valued Contributor

@Daysdee   I am also a 30+ year viewer and buyer.  While I understand and accept change is inevitable, the changes at the Q have been for the worse.  The programming, the products, the same spiels from the vendors, obnoxious vendors and hosts has saved me many dollars.  My buying and viewership is way down.  Some days QVC is just a day long infomercial.  For 3 weeks I haven't been able to log-in to my account w/o assistance from CS and Synchrony bank.  Technical difficulties.  

I was somewhat surprised by Jill's last HWJ show yesterday.  They just cut over to David and that was that.  I miss the old QVC.

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne  Just FYI, Jill's final show is June 12.    I will miss her at QVC.  She always acted very professional and gave us the information we need to decide if we want to make a purchase.  I don't care for the last group of new hires.

Respected Contributor

The prices are INSANE ! Way too high $$..... there are so many other places with lower costs for better quality items/free sh..... Why are people paying these high prices for such low quality, slow shipping etc..?? Plus I see they keep a small inventory in stock so it it's sold out, no exchanges..I won't go through all of that anymore. I don't like the programming nor enjoy watching at all. They push house brands at Gucci prices, lol... I don't understand how they stay in business.... Someone is buying it seems. I liked viewing during the late nights but NOT anymore... and marching that huge Q credit card back and forth is plain nutty and rude, imho.

Even if I don't shop now, I can't/won't watch anymore. Not good company nor healthy environment for me anyway. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

The constant  pushing of the QVC credit card is at the point of nagging. This indicates some sort of desperation on the part of QVC and you have a lousy interest rate.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Super Contributor

Ever since Kathy Levine and Lisa Robertson left, I haven't watched any show because the host. Mary Beth is a pleasant host and altogether lovely person, though I don't tune in just to watch her.