Honored Contributor

Re: Q50 - The Age of Possibility

@Biftu wrote:

This seems to be a trend.  Reminds me of Mika Brzezinski's "Know Your Value, 50 Over 50" a community of helping older women reach their full potential.

@Biftu Stuff like that is just offensive to me.  How do they think people/women get to 50?  Waiting for some retailer to empower them?  Well let me tell you if you aren't "empowered" by yourself by 50 you aren't going to be because some retailer or famous person said you were.

Valued Contributor

image.jpg

Valued Contributor

Shawn is on the cover of this magazine with accompanying article.

She seems to be the "face of 50"for QVC.

Respected Contributor

@Zaimee 

@Zaimee wrote:

So I wish they would just promte her to CEO of QVC,  At least that would get her off air.

Contributor

And what about the 60's?  70's?  And 80's for me? Where are the possibilities for us?  Is there no end to this ridiculous marketing ploy?  I find it offensive,  Instead of spending budget dollars on this campaign, why not reduce prices, which would benefit all,of us?

Trusted Contributor

It’s for women of all ages 50 and over. When I look at the 50 women chosen to be the ambassadors, I’m not clear on how they were chosen. No Leah or Mary-Beth but they have Donna Kelce whose and somebody please correct me if I am wrong) only claim to fame is being the mother of two NFL stars? Odd. All I can figure is they declined to be “ambassadors”.
Respected Contributor

@Barkanyc wrote:

And what about the 60's?  70's?  And 80's for me? Where are the possibilities for us?  Is there no end to this ridiculous marketing ploy?  I find it offensive,  Instead of spending budget dollars on this campaign, why not reduce prices, which would benefit all,of us?

@Barkanyc, Yes, exactly. The first thing that came to my mind was the cost of signing these 50 so very special peoplenow add the addition cost of a Las Vegas production day. That cost all trickles down to the customer.

The second thing that comes to mind are the lyrics to Chicago's Razzle Dazzle:

Give 'em the old hocus opcus, bead and feather 'em. How can they see with sequins in their eyes? Razzle Dazzle 'em and they'll never catch wise. Give 'em the old flim flam flummox, fool and fracture 'em. How can they hear the truth above the roar?

All I want from a retailer is a straightforward good product at a good price. Oh, and to show me you value me as a customer of any age. QVC needs me. I don't need QVC. First rule of retail.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

This seems to be a trend.  Reminds me of Mika Brzezinski's "Know Your Value, 50 Over 50" a community of helping older women reach their full potential.

@Biftu Stuff like that is just offensive to me.  How do they think people/women get to 50?  Waiting for some retailer to empower them?  Well let me tell you if you aren't "empowered" by yourself by 50 you aren't going to be because some retailer or famous person said you were.

@Sooner, So, so very true.

Respected Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

Unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

This campaign lacks honesty. No woman looks at 70-80 like she does in her 50's. Otherwise, we would see more major cosmetic retailers using women 70 as models to sell their products. QVC is tone deaf.🧏‍♀️