Contributor

And lately they have been saying S&H is FREE on food items.  They used to say S&H was included.  They are not giving us anything for free - we are paying for the S&H -- it is built into the price of the item.  So, please don't fall for the FREE word.  Believe me, it is not. 

Also, tired of their Expiring Offer sales tactic.  They want us to rush to the phones and order because something is going away.  In most instances it is easy pay which is readily available with the Q card and many special easy pay days if you are into easy pay.

Regular Contributor

add "summer surprise" to the list!

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite one is Walmart.  They roll the price up,  and then put it back where it was, and call it a rollback????

Honored Contributor

Re: Q pricing games

[ Edited ]

I don't recall ever seeing QVC offer a Member Price, as OP states in the opening post. Has anyone else seen that? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Q pricing games

[ Edited ]

Pricing games, here and elsewhere are ridiculous, annoying and, in some cases, off the charts... QVC's supposed 'sale' prices are often downright insulting and their regular prices with shipping increasingly don't seem all that competitive to me. That said, wherever I shop, the bottom line for me is whether or not the price I find is one I want to pay. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It seems like eveyone is doing the pricing games anymore....and then there are the 'reward cards"...

Honored Contributor

@greyexplorer wrote:

And lately they have been saying S&H is FREE on food items.  They used to say S&H was included.  They are not giving us anything for free - we are paying for the S&H -- it is built into the price of the item.  So, please don't fall for the FREE word.  Believe me, it is not. 

Also, tired of their Expiring Offer sales tactic.  They want us to rush to the phones and order because something is going away.  In most instances it is easy pay which is readily available with the Q card and many special easy pay days if you are into easy pay.

The free shipping was a special offering. Most food products still are advertised as shipping and handling included. 

Valued Contributor

All retailers do this to one extent or another.  In fact, much has been written recently about retailers eliminating the misleading "List Price" designation.  It's a phony classification designed to make consumers think they getting a really great deal.  Online retailers, including Amazon, Williams-Sonoma, Sur la Table, Bed Bath & Beyond, and many others, are guilty of this, and many are agreeing to do away with "list price"  designations.  I don't have the link to this reporting, but if you google it, reports have been made in the past 3-4 weeks.

Valued Contributor

This is why I almost never purchase a TSV.  I will wait for a former TSV to return so I can read reviews and make sure the item is worthwhile buying.  It seems like so many TSVs end up being duds, especially clothing.  Before I buy something, I want to see some reviews.  Besides the difference between the "featured" price and the TSV is laughable - usually only a couple of bucks.  I would much rather know if a product is worth buying via reviews than to buy a TSV only to return it.