Honored Contributor

Q NO FREE SHIPPING LIKE OTHERS

Shame on QVC. I'm receiving emails from many sites that charged shipping for orders under $50, $100...now offering free shipping/free returns. The TSV is $7.50 for shipping!!! This is no time to try to up the bottom line and lose customers, is it?

Respected Contributor

Re: Q NO FREE SHIPPING LIKE OTHERS

There are so many people just wondering how they are going to meet their expenses at this difficult time. It's just good PR to offer a little something extra to the customers. Look at the companies that are willing to pay their employees while they are off. That's a huge hit to their pockets. I am sure the shopping channels could give a littlle too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I probably would have gotten the Easy Spirit TSV on HSN the other day.  Love their shoes.  BUT $5.50 s/h????  HSN used to have free shipping on their shoes.  But they have become more like QVC unfortunately.  I will not pay that shipping especially when the price wasn't that great.  I did put them in my "favorites" list and hope for a price reduction or a free shipping day.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I probably would have gotten the Easy Spirit TSV on HSN the other day.  Love their shoes.  BUT $5.50 s/h????  HSN used to have free shipping on their shoes.  But they have become more like QVC unfortunately.  I will not pay that shipping especially when the price wasn't that great.  I did put them in my "favorites" list and hope for a price reduction or a free shipping day.

@kaydee50   I don't think $5.50. My mind goes to $11 or more if it has to returned. Stopped ordering for that reason. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I don't buy anything online unless I'm 99% sure it will work.  Easy Spirit clogs work for me so I would have been willing to take the chance.

But you're right.  It's not $5.50.  Tax is added in my state to s/h so it's over $6.00 s/h.  Don't need any item that badly that I'm will to pay that much extra for it unless the price has been greatly reduced.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Shanus  I don't buy anything online unless I'm 99% sure it will work.  Easy Spirit clogs work for me so I would have been willing to take the chance.

But you're right.  It's not $5.50.  Tax is added in my state to s/h so it's over $6.00 s/h.  Don't need any item that badly that I'm will to pay that much extra for it unless the price has been greatly reduced.

@kaydee50   ....and the main point being many other retailers are offering NO shipping charges.

Regular Contributor

Every retail email I've gotten announcing store closures or reduced hours have indicated free shipping no matter how small the purchase

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  It's been a while since I've read the financials for Q's parent company...at that time shipping was a money maker for them/Q.  So much so that it helped immensely to their bottom line.  Given the financial world at the moment, I doubt Q wants to take that hit.  Even when they do offer free shipping...every single item I had saved in my wish list had a price increase.

Respected Contributor

Customers seem to forget that QVC isn't like other retailers, they have the added expense of broadcasting so if FS is a deal breaker for you just shop somewhere  else...it's that easy.

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Shanus  It's been a while since I've read the financials for Q's parent company...at that time shipping was a money maker for them/Q.  So much so that it helped immensely to their bottom line.  Given the financial world at the moment, I doubt Q wants to take that hit.  Even when they do offer free shipping...every single item I had saved in my wish list had a price increase.

@Misplaced Parisian ....while other sites offer free shipping + discounts knowing we're shopping online. Even HSN has % off and/or coupons.