Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 2/2-2/3 Groundhogs, Fashion, & Super Day!

@Spurt wrote:

@beach-mom

That's neat that you live where everyone's favorite meteorologist, Punxsutawney Phil lives, but with that large crowd I'd watch the ceremony on TV too!  

Glad you like the pix...Cat Very Happy

Image result for ground hog thanks

Happy Kitten Bowl!

Hi @Spurt - Wow - what a weekend! I don't live in Punxsutawney; DH was born and raised on a dairy farm there, until he left for college. Then he married a "southern" girl! LOL! His sisters and their families are all there, so we go up to visit about twice a year, sometimes more. It's about a 7-hr. drive for us. We went more often when his dad and his grandmother were alive. (His mom died young.)

We did get up at 5 to watch the ceremony, where it was a balmy 1  degree! I've been to Gobbler's Knob when it's not cold, but somehow it still is up there! And DH saw his good friends from elementary and high school (His family relocated for 2 years so his mom could get her master's degree, so he actually graduated from high school at another school.) And sure enough, they introduced his former dentist, whose son is now also part of the Inner Circle. They had the largest crowd ever, probably because it was on a Saturday. 

I DVR'd the Kitten and Cat Bowls, and got home in time today to see part of the Cat Bowl. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

also a weekend full of the hosts avoiding saying "super bowl"  

@jackthebear

Im an NFL fan, but it is TOTALLY RIDICULOUS how the NFL wont allow anyone to mention those infamous words, because it's trademarked....they want te cash....making league and owners look like SUPER IDIOTS Woman Frustrated Woman Tongue

David slipped and said Super Bowl at the beginning of his show today, 

@jackthebear

Oh oh...that's gonna cost QVC...

hopefully he sold enough stuff to cover it :-)

Respected Contributor

I, too, am from P. Phil's proud state.   Saturday morning's early temperature here was a balmy 8 degrees, and the sun was out....how did this little guy not see his shadow.   Thanks @Spurt for another synopsis of this past weekend's wares at the Q.

Where in heaven's name did you find this pic?  

Esteemed Contributor

Wow @Spurt a plethora of groundhogs all decked out in fashion! Awesome indeed. Well I have to say that I did watch the fashion shows - at least when I was home and inside. I almost broke down and bought that small Dooney bag with the changeable strap, but I don't really need another bag. I am actually wondering if it is possible to sell some of the ones that I have but have NEVER used.

Personally quite happy that Phil didn't see his shadow as I am tired of winter already. The weather was in the 50 degree range on Sunday after the deep freeze of earlier in the week so I celebrated by working outside for a few hours. Monday is recycling day so I had to break down any cardboard to get it into the bin. I walked along my stretch of road too to clean up after the slobs who throw their food container trash out the windows when they are down with it. I'd like to actually SEE someone get fined for littering.

I wound up watching the garden shows for a bit as well because I am not into kitchen shows these days. I bought the Barbara King swan. I know the reviews on the sandstone globe were a bit mixed but you know what I thought it was pretty and will look nice in the yard.  Actually the garden shows are what inspired me to get my boots on and do a little yard clean up. 

Hope everyone has a great week. Thanks for writing these Spurt, I enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

@Spurt  Thank you my friend!  Been sick this week so this made me smile!!  Here is my MVP:

Image result for dogs in patriot jersey

@Pandalady

Hope your feeling better, and glad this MVP made you smile.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Where does that groundhog get her manicures and pedicures?

@AuntG

That groundhog's Gobblers Knob must be fully equipped... Smiley Wink

Image result for punxsutawney phil's habitat gobblers knob

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

I, too, am from P. Phil's proud state.   Saturday morning's early temperature here was a balmy 8 degrees, and the sun was out....how did this little guy not see his shadow.   Thanks @Spurt for another synopsis of this past weekend's wares at the Q.

Where in heaven's name did you find this pic?  

Someone has a pet groundhog and posted photos

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Wow @Spurt a plethora of groundhogs all decked out in fashion! Awesome indeed. Well I have to say that I did watch the fashion shows - at least when I was home and inside. I almost broke down and bought that small Dooney bag with the changeable strap, but I don't really need another bag. I am actually wondering if it is possible to sell some of the ones that I have but have NEVER used.

Personally quite happy that Phil didn't see his shadow as I am tired of winter already. The weather was in the 50 degree range on Sunday after the deep freeze of earlier in the week so I celebrated by working outside for a few hours. Monday is recycling day so I had to break down any cardboard to get it into the bin. I walked along my stretch of road too to clean up after the slobs who throw their food container trash out the windows when they are down with it. I'd like to actually SEE someone get fined for littering.

I wound up watching the garden shows for a bit as well because I am not into kitchen shows these days. I bought the Barbara King swan. I know the reviews on the sandstone globe were a bit mixed but you know what I thought it was pretty and will look nice in the yard.  Actually the garden shows are what inspired me to get my boots on and do a little yard clean up. 

Hope everyone has a great week. Thanks for writing these Spurt, I enjoy them.

@GinaV24

The only thing I watched Saturday was Phil the groundhog's ceremony and AM Style, and shopped at local stores with my sis....and late late Saturday evening around 11PM CT I watched the Barbara King Show on Q2.  That swan was very pretty, I almost bought the sandstone bird....

Glad you were able to take advantage and enjoy some warmer weather and get outide.....

I know what you mean about litterbugs ....it really burns me up that people can be such slobs.....When a neighbor and I go for walks I bring a  garbage bag and pick up trash....fast food cups, receipts, water and soft drink bottles....SMH.  Our COA sent out to 2 notices about litter but the SLOBS ignore them and rely on landscapers to pick up after them..And I hope our COA does fine them..Woman Frustrated Woman Mad

Have a good week!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama that's so cool that you have made a friend of the ground hog. I have one who lives under the garage. I don't know if he eats the dandelions or not but these days I leave them alone since a friend told me that they are one of the first flowers that come out for the bees. If the bees and the ground hogs can enjoy the dandelions, I'm good with that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt I agree. I simply don't understand why people can't take care of their own trash and I agree your COA should fine them. It only takes a few minutes to put your recycling and trash into containers.

Glad you had a nice weekend, too.