Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PRV 2/2-2/3 Groundhogs, Fashion, & Super Day!

@Spurt  in honor of groundhog day, meet Gerry of the long line of Gerry's to live under my front porch.

IMG_1839 (350x263).jpg

phone 065.jpg

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Spurt  in honor of groundhog day, meet Gerry of the long line of Gerry's to live under my front porch.

IMG_1839 (350x263).jpg

phone 065.jpg

@Bird mama

Oh Birdmama .....Gerry is adorableHeartWoman Very Happy  Thanks for sharing Gerry!

So do you conduct a special ceremony for Gerry to predict the weather in your area?   

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt  I let Gerry be Gerry Heart 

I've known 'something' lived under the front porch since 2002 but didn't start to see 'what' it was until the summer of 2017 when I would catch Gerry sitting on my front porch stairs as if he/she was waiting for me to get home from work.  After I retired last March I finally was able to make friends (just a little) with this generation of Gerry, lol.  That groundhog knows where to come for food now and will drink water out of the stainless steel bowl that  I fill for the squirrels.

I use no weed killer and Gerry takes care of the dandelions in the front yard (except one row alongside my neighbor's driveway - she's a hater).  The rabbits in the backyard take care of the dandelions in the backyard.

I have a large evergreen shrub in front of the part of the porch where Gerry lives.  I love that a groundhog feels safe on my property.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

I'm glad you and Gerry made "friends"...and so sweet that he rewards your kindness of the food/water by taking care of the dandelions....

I respect the critters around here too...the deer, possums, squirrels, but not so fond of the skunk's "perfume"......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

You outdid yourself this week!!! The pics of the groundhogs are just too darn cute & of course, the others too🙂🙂

Where oh where do you find the time to find these pics.  I so enjoy your wonderful weekend previews!  

Thank you for the laughs because with this program line-up it could bring someone to tears!!!  

Have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

@Spurt - As an honorary "Punxsutawney-an" may I say you've done the groundhog proud! DH is from there, and the handler in the first picture is a childhood friend of his. Big doings up there this weekend, and VERY cold. DH's family is all there, but they watch the ceremony on TV. There is no way they will brave the cold and the crowd at Gobbler's Knob! Of course Phil will see his shadow - the TV cameras are poking their lenses in his face when he wants to sleep! (But really the Inner Circle decides whether or not he will see it.) Smiley Wink

I always love your pictures. The kitties and I will be cuddled up in bed watching AM Style, after getting up around 6 to see Phil's ceremony (if we can find it on TV), and forget Brady and Co. - WE'll be watching the Kitten Bowl. (Well, maybe tuning in to see Gladys Knight sing the National Anthem, and if DD is around we will HAVE to watch Maroon 5 at halftime!) Smiley Happy

@beach-mom

That's neat that you live where everyone's favorite meteorologist, Punxsutawney Phil lives, but with that large crowd I'd watch the ceremony on TV too!  

Glad you like the pix...Cat Very Happy

Image result for ground hog thanks

Happy Kitten Bowl!

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Spurt, You continue to amaze!  I love your models and their trendy outfits.  Gotta say, the kitty with all the $$$ has us laughing non-stop.  The different bowls on Hallmark are also calling my name!  Thanks so much for your commitment to give us so many laughs!  

@PamfromCT

download (2).jpg

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51

Image result for kitten cats thanks

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess

Related image

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes

Related image