Respected Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? JAN 30-31-ELECTRONIC NIGHTMARE & TO SLEEP TO DREAM!

SPURT, thanks for taking the time to do this so well.  I loved all of it.

Valued Contributor

Honestly, SPURT, I think the QVC PTB are into torture.  Computers and mattresses back to back, ARGH!   And I see ITKWD is LOADED with Temp-tations today, so I think I will wash my car instead of watching any Q today.  It is supposed to be 70, so even though the water coming out of the well will be cold, at least the day will be warm!  And to add Nutrisystem and Vionics and logo locks to the mix just puts the torture level over the top.

Love the pic of the dog with the ducky slippers on, too cute!  I have Christmas pj's for my little Gidget.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

Again you have provided an entertaining preview @Spurt. When is this dismal weekend programming going to change. I have plenty of other things to do but it seems every time I do a Q drive by it's another long tutorial on how to sleep on a bed, use a pillow, amaze my friends with my 37th Logo Lock, turn on a tablet, or blow out candles with a Bose. Ugh

@SunValley 

"fascinating" programming isn't it........boy the TV remote gets a workout with QVC because ya have to change the channel quickly to avoid dozing off from the boredom.....

.Image result for cats looking bored

And boredom can cause you to do strange things....

Image result for cats looking bored

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@lynnsy wrote:

Not looking much better for next month either!  Just looked at the insider.  Seems Scrub Daddy now has a mate "Scrub Mommy" a tsv (sponge on one side/scrubber on other).  Wonder if a scrub baby is in their future..

Lately my Saturdays have been spent on going to grandson's basketball games (ages 7 & 8 league...kinda like a bad news bears episode).  We are losing by less each game, so who knows, we might win one yet!  It is fun none the less!  Dribbling and running at the same time, definitely "show time" there.  Then onto errands and finish the day with household chores.

Sunday my slug fest day... do whatever I want.. most times stay in jammies all day!  Reading, watching chick flicks, and/or sewing!  This sunday is RAIN in the forecast, so definitely an indoor day!

@vicalynn  LOL!!!!!Too Funny......I don't doubt we will see THE SCRUB FAMILY get their own reality QVC show---Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Enjoy your grandson's basketball games......the way my Spurs have been playing we could use some new talent maybe he could try out for my team.....

Enjoy your Sunday!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@3cupcakes wrote:

another great post to end a long week, @Spurt!  can you imagine walking into the kitchen & your st. bernard is on the counter!  talk about determined in getting up there.

& i use to love murphy the dog appearances on different shows!  maybe i'd be more interested in programing if there was a resident "Q kitty" or another dog.  Smiley Surprised)

keep cool!  it sounds like your weather is sure erratic.

after shoveling almost 11 ft. of snow last year (a record for us), mother nature gave us a break w/that last terrible storm & we didn't even get a snow flake.  it was like winning the lottery! 

after seeing what's offered for the weekend, it's off to costco for another book.  it's wonderful that you are a fellow "book" book lover too!   have a great weekend, spurt!  

ps:  just loved howdy!!  i'd forgotten about him too!

@3cupcakes  I would just love to have seen how that St. Bernard got on the counter....that in itself would have been an amazing video---LOL!!!  

I loved Murphy the dog too......I loved it when he would try out all the pet products and toys......QVC is still running OLD promos with him in it........

Dan's border collies do come on air occasionally as QVC "models" 

And YES YES YES having a resident dog again would definitely get QVC customers to tune in and even watch!!!  They would probably make more sales than some of the current hosts out there....LOL! Cat LOL

Happy reading a good book is such a BETTER option!!! 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

No surprise-- nothing new at the Q this weekend. About the only thing new being offered by the Q is a couple of new hosts. But no amount of new blood can breathe life into the same old boring fare.

l love the Raggedy Ann cat, and the Dapper dog with brimmed hat and red scarf. And that Hello Kitty cat looks like she has eye strain from watching all those computers.

Have a great weekend. We will have much better weather here than last weekend, so l will not be a captive audience again, LOL.

@handygal2  Enjoy the good weather while ya can HANDY ...... because it can change faster than a drop of the Dapper dog's hat!!! LOL!!!  

And speaking of dogs......what's that old cliche....."you can't teach an old dog new tricks" certainly applies to QVC....Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

Hi Spurt!  Well the Q might be "a snoozin good time" this weekend, but dare I say, It is worth (not watching) the Sleep Number TSV to get to see all of the cuties in their jammies! Those are some of your all time cutest pictures!   Now if only the programmers would bring some pajama-clad puppies and cats on to the set to demonstrate just how comfy their beds are, they could really expand their viewership. Oh, well.  Happy Weekend!

@SHIRAZ  Hi SHIRAZ.......glad you liked the furry friends in their jammies.....I thought they were the cutest....although I don't think my kitties would ever wear them---even if they were Hello Kitty PJs...LOL 

I DO think pets on board at QVC would do a heck of a lot for the Q's viewer ratings.....why even just promos with sheep and bunnies they previously had on got rave reviews!!!  Someone in QVC's advertising and marketing departments doesn't know what a golden opportunity their missing....

Have a nice weekend! Take Care! 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@lynnsy wrote:

Not looking much better for next month either!  Just looked at the insider.  Seems Scrub Daddy now has a mate "Scrub Mommy" a tsv (sponge on one side/scrubber on other).  Wonder if a scrub baby is in their future..

@vicalynn    Hanky Panky in the Kitchen? 

@Kachina624 @vicalynn   Who would think that IN THE KITCHEN WITH DAVID could possibly be R rated....LOL!!!  Or gee perhaps that could be a whole new QVC kitchen show---HANKY PANKY IN THE KITCHEN---ROFL!!! Woman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

No surprise-- nothing new at the Q this weekend. About the only thing new being offered by the Q is a couple of new hosts. But no amount of new blood can breathe life into the same old boring fare.

Isn't THAT the truth, handy @handygal2...  And I'd add @Spurt that while I love animals as much as anyone, a four legged QVC mascot isn't going to keep me tuned in to the same old song for very long either...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@handygal2    They have a strategy.   Just when we think we can't take anymore of mattresses,  computers,  vacuum cleans and similar delectable goodies,  they throw in a fashion day,  as Monday is to be.   Then we all go whimpering back and pile on the purchases,  all being forgiven.  They know we can't resist these bones they throw us. 

@Kachina624  Right you are KACHINA---you've figured them out......just when the viewers are at the end of their rope...errr....remote.....they will  throw in some good jewelry or gem days (and I'm talking nice stuff, NOT the stuff from our favorite buyer with deals from Italy)....or something else a bit interesting and different like spring home decor, real fashion designers, ....and then pull the rug out from under us, just when you thought QVC FINALLY got the message and were going to start showing something DIFFERENT---but WRONG AGAIN Q customers!!!.....back to the same ole, same ole....talk about being in a RUT QVC has certain got that definition down pat!!!