Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? JAN 30-31-ELECTRONIC NIGHTMARE & TO SLEEP TO DREAM!

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

No surprise-- nothing new at the Q this weekend. About the only thing new being offered by the Q is a couple of new hosts. But no amount of new blood can breathe life into the same old boring fare.

Isn't THAT the truth, handy @handygal2...  And I'd add @Spurt that while I love animals as much as anyone, a four legged QVC mascot isn't going to keep me tuned in to the same old song for very long either...

@stevieb  I'm sure there would be some animal antics that would happen to bring us a laugh or two, I think they would certainly add a REAL entertainment factor the Q has been looking for .....and let's face it, programming on most of the other channels these days isn't much better than the Q's......When the NFL ends in another week I'll be doing LOTS of reading on Sunday afternoons .....Oh and that's another thing....QVC will be bringing out all those "the big game promos" on ITKWD I'm sure ....stay tuned....or DON'T stay tuned for that.....for some odd reason the "hostest with the mostest" is usually involved with that kind of "entertaining for the big game" show too......Smiley

@OMG @stevieb my sis finally got a new TV but she got one bigger than mine even though I cautioned her about it fitting in her entertainment center.....it didn't, so she ended up taking the doors off the unit to squeeeeze it in and make it fit.....and then she will look for a suitable replacement cabinet (more $$$)....I mean there was another flat screen same size that had a slightly smaller profile that would've fit perfectly or get one like mine...the difference is 3 inches...I mean how much of a difference would that make when she watches Eli, the Spurs, or Dance Moms.....Smiley  Then she had to pay the cable company to come out and hook it up because no one could figure how to hook the darn thing up and many of us tried and all failed.....and mine was so easy!!!!  She let the Best Buy sales guy talk her into the bigger one and it was supposed to be so "user friendly"......and her TV doesn't have some of the extra features mine has....oh well....no one listens to me.....a friend purchased new mattresses the adjustable kind (and NO she didn't even think of buying it from QVC--LOL)....she went to a furniture store which charged almost double of the price of what she could've gotten it for if she had gone to the place a co-worker had recommended......Smiley  why doesn't anyone listen to me!!!!  

It would appear @Spurt that you ARE the Rodney Dangerfield of homeowner suggestions... You simply get no respect... But why anyone would buy a TV larger than the TV cabinet sure beats me... I could use a new mattress, but won't be buying it here... and will certainly be looking for a sale when I do buy one... Yes, no pretty bed ensembles and, it appears, no more nice rugs or lamps or, well, you name it... Just the same old-same old... And gosh, I just don't need a computer, blender, or vaccum... And yes, I will be skipping all the big game suggestions likely to be made by Bacon Boy and La Marm... In fact, not being that much of an NFL fan, I'll be skipping the 'big game' altogether...

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

Again you have provided an entertaining preview @Spurt. When is this dismal weekend programming going to change. I have plenty of other things to do but it seems every time I do a Q drive by it's another long tutorial on how to sleep on a bed, use a pillow, amaze my friends with my 37th Logo Lock, turn on a tablet, or blow out candles with a Bose. Ugh

@SunValley 

"fascinating" programming isn't it........boy the TV remote gets a workout with QVC because ya have to change the channel quickly to avoid dozing off from the boredom.....

.Image result for cats looking bored

And boredom can cause you to do strange things....

Image result for cats looking bored

@Spurt   "Boredom can cause you to do strange things . . ."

So the people doing crazy things like "catbreading" and putting make-up and crazy costumes on their pets and then posting all over the internet were driven to it from the boredom of watching some QVC programming?  In that case, I guess in a very perverse way we should be grateful to the Q and their monotonous programming for inspiring so much hilarity in other venues!  (Though I doubt the cats are grateful at all!) Cat LOL   

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Regular Contributor

I think they do way to many same items repeated over, over, over and over !!!!!

With ALL the merchandise they carry, it would be awesome to see a wide variety everyday...

For a couple or even one hour DAILY, QVC should do a two minute presentation of a different item...Quick but that would be exciting to see the item for two minutes than they show another, and another for the 1 hour... Its kinda like church, the pastor should only talk his sermon for 30 minutes or less because people will tune out and get fidgety!!!

I HOPE QVC READS THIS..THANKS

Honored Contributor

Hey @Spurt,   Dan's dogs are Australian Shepherds not border collies.   Big difference if you're an Aussie fancier. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Oh my... the "hanky panky" and "r-rated kitchen" observations... first thought was Well this definitely puts a new light on the Happy Dance!!!!

Valued Contributor

Hey @Spurt  Well, I spent Saturday at the barn and Sunday with my parents (pretty typical weekend) so I didn't see any QVC.  Since I was at my parents, I didn't even see the Pro Bowl.  They had Fox on all day so I saw a lot of Iowa and its State Capitol Building (the fanciest I have ever seen, the outside of the central dome is covered in 23 carat gold!  Apparently there is good money in corn :-D  )

Anyway, I wish I knew what happened with Carson Palmer and the Cardinals!  It wasn't a total surprise since it seemed like all season they had lots of good luck and the Green Bay game that got them there was thisclose.  It was one strange play that got them to the Championship game.  Anyway, that game was ugly (7 turnovers!!) and hard to watch and I confess that I stopped after the first quarter, I just couldn't take it.  I couldn't watch the last quarter of the Green Bay game either, I just brought up the NFL app on my phone and got updates that way.  I guess I have a weak "constitution" when it comes to sports.  Must come from being a fan of mostly losing teams, except for those glorious Joe Montana/Steve Young days of the 49ers.  Did you see that they made a commercial together that played on their well-known lack of friendship when SY was JM's backup? (that was Montana's doing, he was/is uber-competitive and who can blame him.  I wouldn't be delighted if my replacement were hanging around the office :-)  )  BTW, I would have been rooting for Jerry Rice's team and they lost.  Can't pick a winner to save my life

Your Spurs are doing very well, you guys are so spoiled! :-D   The Suns are sooooo baaaaad, it is depressing.  I can only imagine what it is like to actually be a member of the team!  Even the sports radio guys have a hard time watching the games much less discussing them for more than a few minutes.  The GM has a weekly radio show and I have to hand it to him for showing up every week and making it through the difficult questions.  Thank goodness baseball is around the corner, not to mention the Phoenix Open coming up this week.

Well, I hope you enjoy the final weekend of football.  Everyone keeps saying Denver's defense is going to give Carolina a tough time, but I have a feeling Cam & Co. are going to do just fine.  Like I said, I will root for Peyton Manning because this is likely his last game and I would love to see him go out on top.  The only hope is that they do to Cam what they did to Tom Brady.  That was hard to watch, he's usually so good, but I still wanted Peyton to win that one too :-)

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

No surprise-- nothing new at the Q this weekend. About the only thing new being offered by the Q is a couple of new hosts. But no amount of new blood can breathe life into the same old boring fare.

l love the Raggedy Ann cat, and the Dapper dog with brimmed hat and red scarf. And that Hello Kitty cat looks like she has eye strain from watching all those computers.

Have a great weekend. We will have much better weather here than last weekend, so l will not be a captive audience again, LOL.

Handy, yes, the weekend was an improvement and it was beautiful here yesterday... Sunny and cool, but neither cold nor warm... Today, though, is a bit dreary...

Agree, they can roll out as many new hosts as they like, but if they don't offer some new and more interesting products, it doesn't much matter who's presenting them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hey @Spurt,   Dan's dogs are Australian Shepherds not border collies.   Big difference if you're an Aussie fancier. 

@Kachina624  You are totally right and thanks for the correction  because Kachina they are Australian Shepherd's...I should know better because I watch the Westminister Dog Show faithfully where they describe each breed that's presented....I didn't mean in an way to offend Aussie fanciers.... Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@mewsmomtoo wrote:

Hey @Spurt  Well, I spent Saturday at the barn and Sunday with my parents (pretty typical weekend) so I didn't see any QVC.  Since I was at my parents, I didn't even see the Pro Bowl.  They had Fox on all day so I saw a lot of Iowa and its State Capitol Building (the fanciest I have ever seen, the outside of the central dome is covered in 23 carat gold!  Apparently there is good money in corn :-D  )

Anyway, I wish I knew what happened with Carson Palmer and the Cardinals!  It wasn't a total surprise since it seemed like all season they had lots of good luck and the Green Bay game that got them there was thisclose.  It was one strange play that got them to the Championship game.  Anyway, that game was ugly (7 turnovers!!) and hard to watch and I confess that I stopped after the first quarter, I just couldn't take it.  I couldn't watch the last quarter of the Green Bay game either, I just brought up the NFL app on my phone and got updates that way.  I guess I have a weak "constitution" when it comes to sports.  Must come from being a fan of mostly losing teams, except for those glorious Joe Montana/Steve Young days of the 49ers.  Did you see that they made a commercial together that played on their well-known lack of friendship when SY was JM's backup? (that was Montana's doing, he was/is uber-competitive and who can blame him.  I wouldn't be delighted if my replacement were hanging around the office :-)  )  BTW, I would have been rooting for Jerry Rice's team and they lost.  Can't pick a winner to save my life

Your Spurs are doing very well, you guys are so spoiled! :-D   The Suns are sooooo baaaaad, it is depressing.  I can only imagine what it is like to actually be a member of the team!  Even the sports radio guys have a hard time watching the games much less discussing them for more than a few minutes.  The GM has a weekly radio show and I have to hand it to him for showing up every week and making it through the difficult questions.  Thank goodness baseball is around the corner, not to mention the Phoenix Open coming up this week.

Well, I hope you enjoy the final weekend of football.  Everyone keeps saying Denver's defense is going to give Carolina a tough time, but I have a feeling Cam & Co. are going to do just fine.  Like I said, I will root for Peyton Manning because this is likely his last game and I would love to see him go out on top.  The only hope is that they do to Cam what they did to Tom Brady.  That was hard to watch, he's usually so good, but I still wanted Peyton to win that one too :-)

@mewsmomtoo  Well you didn't miss anything regarding the Pro-Bowl pretty boring game....I was cheering on Team Rice but it didn't work out for me either....LOL!!! 

Yep, I did see that commercial with Montana and Steve Young together....they have done a series with retired NFL players and are pretty funny.....Montana was always a tad stand offish and I heard that he didn't like to interact with the fans much when he played, but he's loosened up now in interviews and in commercials....he does a Papa Johns with Peyton and JJ Watt.....

Most people are predicting the game will be a one sided annilihation with the Panthers hoisting the trophy....but we will see....everyone predicted the Pats wold beat Denver and how did that turn out---LOL!!! 

Take Care and enjoy your weekend!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@lyn61 wrote:

I think they do way to many same items repeated over, over, over and over !!!!!

With ALL the merchandise they carry, it would be awesome to see a wide variety everyday...

For a couple or even one hour DAILY, QVC should do a two minute presentation of a different item...Quick but that would be exciting to see the item for two minutes than they show another, and another for the 1 hour... Its kinda like church, the pastor should only talk his sermon for 30 minutes or less because people will tune out and get fidgety!!!

I HOPE QVC READS THIS..THANKS

@lyn61  Hi lyn61...well pull  up a chair and join the club we have been saying the same song as you regarding QVC for several years now and unfortunately our feedback seems to fall on deaf ears.....and using your church analogy those in the pew have fallen asleep .....but we counter it all with some fun discussions and enjoy each others company and conversation and watch QVC and buy less.....feel free to jump in....Woman Very Happy