Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? 3/5-3/6 PRVW- Q'S GOT THE FEVER AND IT'S SCREEN TIME!

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt

Too darn funny🐾🐈🙊

another great weekend preview -- I loved the kitty in denim overalls and more!!!

ill be spending my "leisurely" weekend with my bf at DisneyWorld...don't know what's crazier Weekend programming on Q or crowds chasing Mickey at Disney!!

have a great weekend!

@homedecor1  Glad you liked the photos and I appreciate your kind comments...

Enjoy your weekend at Disney World I went there on vacation and I had a GREAT time---lots of fun! I loved seeing all the old Disney characters!  Have a WONDERFUL time!!! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

May I contribute a sniffer or two?  I've been saving these.

Screenshot_2016-02-07-22-29-22-1.png

2016-01-20 01.31.38.png

Screenshot_2016-01-20-00-35-23-1.png

Stop and smell the flowers.

@Kachina624 You know Kachina isn't it amazing how each animal is so unique and so different and each has it's own character, charm, and beauty!!!  HeartHeartCat Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Uh-uh-uh... another big waste of air time...

And have you noticed @Spurt how it used to be SIX full hours of TSV tedium, but lately, more times that not, it seems they've upped that ante to SEVEN... Twenty four hours in a day and they manage to fill seven (and change...) of them with the same stale, boring things...  Week in and week out... On and on and on and on... Q without end. Darn it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Uh-uh-uh... another big waste of air time...

And have you noticed @Spurt how it used to be SIX full hours of TSV tedium, but lately, more times that not, it seems they've upped that ante to SEVEN... Twenty four hours in a day and they manage to fill seven (and change...) of them with the same stale, boring things...  Week in and week out... On and on and on and on... Q without end. Darn it.

@stevieb What is the Q thinking--so many TSV encore performances, and such a waste of time.....Woman Tongue I just don't understand why they just don't go taped programming that way they can show their beloved TSV 24/7 each and every day.....they might as well..Woman FrustratedWoman Sad  And it seems that the most annoying Q hosts seem to be the ones doing the most presenting too....

And did you see last quarters results---and surprise, surprise surprise---sales of electronics are down, yet QVC fills their weekends with it.....??????????  Only a 3% increase during the Christmas season for QVC USA, and 1% decrease in QVC consolidated!!!

QVC's US revenue increased 3% to $2.1 billion in the fourth quarter and 3% to $6.3 billion for the year. In the quarter, the US experienced growth in all categories except jewelry. Units sold increased 4%, average selling price per unit ("ASP") increased slightly to $61.89 and returns as a percentage of gross product revenue improved 98 basis points in the quarter. For the year, the US experienced gains in all categories except jewelry and electronics.

QVC's international revenue decreased 5% to $711 million in the fourth quarter and decreased 9% to $2.5 billion for the full year. The revenue declines included the impact of the aforementioned unfavorable exchange rate fluctuations

http://ir.libertyinteractive.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=957442

Honored Contributor

Wow @Spurt, no, I hadn't seen the 4th Quarter numbers... So it's official, regardless of all the glowing press releases planted by their spin doctors, it sounds like the Once Mighty is officially hurting... If they couldn't eek out more than 3% during the holiday season, even with all those many (and I mean MANY) Easy Pay flash 'events' that speaks volumes. And still, they keep doing the same dim witted things... And on top of that, the same cheerios will still be telling us how it 'must be working for them'... REALLY... ? IS IT...? It sure doesn't seem like it... I guarantee you, it isn't working for me... Seems as though quite a few posters would agree.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Wow @Spurt, no, I hadn't seen the 4th Quarter numbers... So it's official, regardless of all the glowing press releases planted by their spin doctors, it sounds like the Once Mighty is officially hurting... If they couldn't eek out more than 3% during the holiday season, even with all those many (and I mean MANY) Easy Pay flash 'events' that speaks volumes. And still, they keep doing the same dim witted things... And on top of that, the same cheerios will still be telling us how it 'must be working for them'... REALLY... ? IS IT...? It sure doesn't seem like it... I guarantee you, it isn't working for me... Seems as though quite a few posters would agree.

@stevieb  Yep, despite what the cherrios think, it must be more than just a few malcontents to produce those results.....I think LOTS of customers feel QVC needs to add more variety in products & programing.....because WE ARE CHANGING THE CHANNEL and it appears NOT BUYING or buying LESS than we used to!!

QVC's US revenue increased 3% to $2.1 billion in the fourth quarter and 3% to $6.3 billion for the year.

http://ir.libertyinteractive.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=957442

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt, Given what they're calling 'jewelry', the weakness in that category doesn't surprise me... Maybe they used to be leader of the pack, but no more... I foolishly ordered a ring several weeks ago and what with the issues, whatever they are... with shipping, it took literally weeks for the item to arrive, only to open the package and find a ring featuring a gemstone with absolutely no color saturation whatsoever... And, I would add, bearing NO resemblance at all to the gemstone featured in the on-line pictures... It'll go back... as defective... Sorry Q, but a colored gemstone should, well, feature color... and really, grey is not a suitable excuse for purple...

And I have no idea why they keep hiring hosts only to foist the same ones out there over and over... and usually, it's not those who I would personally consider to be among the more watchable hosts...

So tell me, Spurt, just WHAT am I supposed to be buying here...? I don't want or need a vacuum, blender, coffee maker, mattress (well, actually, I do need a mattress, but I'll buy one I can test drive...) computer or device... I like handbags, but I'm sick to death of Dooney and that 12 buck shipping fee... Home decor maybe? Nope, sick of globes and orbs and orbs and globes and mercury glass and light features... I don't have a garden but if I did, I'd be buying plants locally and I'd be buying garden 'decor' from Home Goods... So what's really left?  Clothes, you say... No. Bag Lady fashions are not my cup of tea, nor are togs from Our Lady of the Liquid Knit... Nope, sad to say about the only things left are the Edward Bess cosmetics I can't easily get elsewhere and the occasional Issac item... I can't for the life of me understand HOW this place keeps plugging along... I guess it'll just have to remain one of those mysteries of the universe...

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  And QVC prices are getting ridiculous....sometimes when I work from home I have the Q on in the background just for laughs....I cant believe the prices of their clothing---$43 for a simple t-shirt ($39 plus $3 shipping).....I went to Dillards $30 jeans, $26 top, Macy's 2 t-shirts one was $29 and one was $10.98---these are nice quality Westbound and Karen Scott brands,other brands in the same price range too...the material feels great, they wash up beautifully, don't stretch out or pill, and sizing is CONSISTENT....and I can also order online from either store and there is always a promo or coupon code for free shpping!!!.So why would anyone pay QVC's high prices and shipping, never knowing if QVC's sizing is right or even measurements are correct on their website!!! And if I don't like it I pay a $6.95 try me fee..Woman Tongue.. Doesn't this company ever comparison shop---or does their ego think they are more than they are---comparing themselves to Nordstroms when they AREN'T!! Of course, there's the cheerios with their FB BFF host and these "fans" will pay the Q price no matter what without even comparison shopping....

The same with Valerie's prices...Hobby Lobby had an almost identical Kitten In The Boot for $19.....what was the Q price....$29.95 plus $5 shipping???? They had mercury glass items too and they run real sales!!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt, Given what they're calling 'jewelry', the weakness in that category doesn't surprise me... Maybe they used to be leader of the pack, but no more... I foolishly ordered a ring several weeks ago and what with the issues, whatever they are... with shipping, it took literally weeks for the item to arrive, only to open the package and find a ring featuring a gemstone with absolutely no color saturation whatsoever... And, I would add, bearing NO resemblance at all to the gemstone featured in the on-line pictures... It'll go back... as defective... Sorry Q, but a colored gemstone should, well, feature color... and really, grey is not a suitable excuse for purple...

And I have no idea why they keep hiring hosts only to foist the same ones out there over and over... and usually, it's not those who I would personally consider to be among the more watchable hosts...

So tell me, Spurt, just WHAT am I supposed to be buying here...? I don't want or need a vacuum, blender, coffee maker, mattress (well, actually, I do need a mattress, but I'll buy one I can test drive...) computer or device... I like handbags, but I'm sick to death of Dooney and that 12 buck shipping fee... Home decor maybe? Nope, sick of globes and orbs and orbs and globes and mercury glass and light features... I don't have a garden but if I did, I'd be buying plants locally and I'd be buying garden 'decor' from Home Goods... So what's really left?  Clothes, you say... No. Bag Lady fashions are not my cup of tea, nor are togs from Our Lady of the Liquid Knit... Nope, sad to say about the only things left are the Edward Bess cosmetics I can't easily get elsewhere and the occasional Issac item... I can't for the life of me understand HOW this place keeps plugging along... I guess it'll just have to remain one of those mysteries of the universe...

Woman Wink

@stevieb  Yep, how QVC manages to stay in business can be added to the questions that have puzzled scientist and best minds in the world...

And does the 3% include the fee they pay to the cable companies to offer their channel...

I'm in total agreement with you...I don't need those kitchen appliances, computers/tablets, beds, mattresses either....don't like Logo, Graver, Gili fashions....(one in a while I used to buy D&C or Simonton, or Linea or a real designer that came on now and then).....

QVC's jewelry is a joke---you find better just going with fashion jewlery....I'm sorry to hear that your ring was a disappointment---their gems are a joke (better stuff from JTV) and your right there is a definite difference between grey and purple are NOT the same color!!!..It's a shame because QVC used to have GOOD quality jewelry at GOOD prices, I had bought my sis a pair of earrings from the Q for her birthday a couple years ago that she loved, her go to earring.....she unfortunately lost an earring....and sadly the Q doesn't offer anything similar now just JUNK at higher prices thanks to our "favorite" gold buyer!!!  Smiley I told her to check out a couple of local retailers for better quality and prices! 

Home Decor---Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, Marshalls......and unique shops here in town or in the Texas Hill Country....or some catalog companies too...

Clothing---Dillards, Macys, TJ's, Marshalls, Stein Mart even Kohls.....

Handbags--Stein Mart, Marshalls, TJ's, and sales at Dillards/Macys....even JCP....

Vacuums/small kitchen appliances/kitchen gadgets--Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Marshalls......

Plants-Home Depot, Lowes, or local nurseries.....

Computers/Tablets/TVs-Best Buy!

Oh and Stevie if you need a mattress, if you have them in your area try Mattress Firm, good prices....they will cart your old one away too...

QVC seems to only offer things I can find locally.....And I know I'm preaching to the choir Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt I agree about finding alot of items similar to Valerie's at Hobby Lobby.....

I had my first experience with inconsistant sizing. I got D & C straight leg pants for Spring and they were too tight. I own several pairs of their boot cuts that fit beautifully! I had to pack everything up and ship it back. I didn't want the matching tops if I had to send the pants back. Smiley Sad

Now that winter is over, I will just buy at the mall.....

Oh...and very funny post as usual....Smiley Very Happy