Regular Contributor

ok, I get drop shipping, etc. But what about Denim and Co. don't they keep that in stock, it's going to be a month before I get 2 t-shirts?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Puzzled by "In Process"

[ Edited ]

@Iris in bloom - I have no idea why the clothing items at the Q have such a range of order issues; people in the forums often complain about how long they take in processing and that things move back and forth between being in stock, on backorder, and out of stock. And in contrast, last week I ordered a D&Co. top for the first time in many years, and it arrived in just five days. There's just no rhyme or reason at times...

Trusted Contributor

Just another example of how QVC has gone backwards, not forwards.  They used to have items presented on air in their warehouse ready to ship.  I would imagine they changed procedures to save money perhaps to build "Studio Park" and all those extravagant sets.  Oh wait....we paid for that too. 

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I placed an order with Vineyard Vines and I received an email it was shipped within 3 hours!  

Ordered a few things from Lands End, shipped the next day.

I think there are many factors involved in shipping with the Q.  It does seem slow at times.

Regular Contributor

love shopping at Lands End too, so effortless 

Regular Contributor

Not sure because I purchased a decanter that was clearly not QVC made, and it shipped the next day, but denim & Co takes a month?

Respected Contributor

My D&C orders take the longest to arrive. I've had a delayed shipping email on almost every order placed this year. Now I have a delay notice on the autumn theme pumpkins I ordered from the recent Plow & Hearth show. I don't order anything from QVC that is time sensitive. Over the years their shipping has gotten so convoluted it's no longer convenient and certainly isn't competitive (if it ever was).

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Bhvbum - What I was trying to clarify is the fact that many items are shipped directly to the customer from the vendor without going through any QVC warehouse.

I guess QVC hasn't heard of  E-Mail   yet..............They could easily e-mail the vendor that the order has been cancelled.

No excuses for them ,they  lock in orders so they cannot be cancelled.Yrs ago you were able to cancel orders.This is just more of QVC's deliberate money hungry sales practices!

They can still make money, both if you return it and if you don't!!!

Maybe the government should look into this  practice!

Regular Contributor

Re: Puzzled by "In Process"

[ Edited ]

The thing is they use UPS mail innovations, so UPS processes it and then send it to your post office and they deliver it. I don't know how many of my friends who are in business have told me this is the worst way to ship, not even cost-effective. Come on Q, you're a multimillion-dollar company!

Just found out my mascara will take 25 days to get here, Just put a stamp and send it regular mail. UGH

Respected Contributor

I had a strange thing happen with shipping this month. I ordered a set of the indoor/ outdoor lanterns on 8/6. My order status showed in process even after the lanterns were delivered on 8/9. Shocked at how quickly they came. Then I got an email 2 days ago apologizing for the delay and saying they they would be delivered later than expected.  Today the order status shows shipped and EDD of 8/19??