Esteemed Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

@maximillian  - wroteCan't  understand much of anything Amy says. She needs speech lessons and a voice coach.  And a job behind-the-scenes.  And  a very good salary, of course.

I agree, thought it was just me, she speaks so fast she mumbles her words, it's hard to understand her at times, I find that alot with the younger crowd.

I believe a job on radio and TV requires a pleasing voice. Talking high speed under water makes it very difficult to understand her, besides being unpleasant and annoying.

Honored Contributor

Anyone remember that tune by Don WIlliams? What you do w/good old boys like me?

Learned to talk like the man on the 6 o'clock news.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Can't  understand much of anything Amy says. She needs speech lessons and a voice coach.  And a job behind-the-scenes.  And  a very good salary, of course.

@maximillian   I understand Amy ,  but I agree she needs speech therapy .  She has trouble with ld's like in sold out.    I'm surprised she hasn't  been able to overcome this.  She must have had this speech impediment since she was a child.   My younger brother had a very similar problem  with L's and had speech therapy when he was 8 and was fine ,  he did have to practice different lessons he was given by his therapist,   but did overcome it.     he was very shy and didn't talk much afraid people would make fun of him .  Afterwards he had so much more confidence in himself.