Esteemed Contributor

What is with the program guide for the next two weeks that I just printed off?  It shows a TSV program at midnight, a different show at 1 AM and then the same midnight show from 2 AM to 7 AM, every day.

Does this mean there are going to be reruns from 2 to 7???

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I think that might be the Dooney TSV. shoes Shawn all night.  WHAT!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SunnysMom wrote:

I think that might be the Dooney TSV. shoes Shawn all night.  WHAT!!!!

@SunnysMom   If you pull up the guide, you will see it is like what I mentioned starting on monday, 10/7. Yes, on Saturday 10/12 it is D/B from 12m to 7a, but look at M-F.

On Mon, 10/7,  Belle by Kim Gravel is on at midnight, followed by shoe shopping and then back to Kim Gravel until 7am.  It's like that all week w/different vendors.

That's why it looks like they will have reruns until 7am.

The program guide didn't go past 10/20, so I wonder if this will be a new thing and why??

Respected Contributor

I just hope that they are not cutting out 24 hour shows, which they did on HSN.

Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight  At a glance, it sure looks like the might be going that way, at least on weekends.  Sad.

Super Contributor

Uh oh. They did this a while back, as I recall. They went to overnight reruns. People didn't watch and they went back to the main channel being live 24/7. Wow, BIG mistake!

Esteemed Contributor

If they go that route they will also prune the host roster, which HSN did.

I think that the newest batch will be thinned out substantially.

Super Contributor

Re: Program Guide??

[ Edited ]

Certainly they are cutting costs by cutting live hours.
I have always believed that some of the long time hosts left due to cuts, not the employee being cut but the salary being cut.  Now, assuming less hours of operation, it makes more sense.  Rerun shows, less costs, and less revenue (sales), lead me there. 

Going on the cheap.

Hope I'm wrong but the program guide sure looks ominou

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Program Guide??

[ Edited ]

This might be why they moved Katrina out, to give her exposure on PMS when the overnight hours are cut.  Ali Carr also.

Very ominous for a number of the others.

Honored Contributor

That looks odd.  Even if they go to pre-recorded shows from 2AM to 7AM, why show the exact same show hour after hour?  Five exact shows one after the other???  Even their pre-recorded channel, Q3, shows different shows to mix it up. Strange.