Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

I have been a bargain shopper all my life.  I used to buy a lot of clothing from QVC.  No more.  There are so many other options.  You may prefer to shop in person.  So many stores have websites offering free shipping over a certain amount and offer great sales.  Many people get bargains at outlet malls.  I have gotten some great buys buying clothing at the end of seasons.  I try to buy classic styles, as well.  And so many offerings in petite styles, which I find lacking at QVC.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I disagree as I shop both online and in stores and I find more quality with Q clothing than anywhere else. I also have found that many stores have a new policy too many returns and your not allowed to shop there, saw this in action recently at a store I frequent. A young woman returning was told this is her last return and will no longer be able to shop at this particular store. I've also seen this at a popular home store. People are abusing policies making it harder for people who occasionally buy and return if something doesn't fit or isn't a fit for their needs. Prices are high elsewhere and the quality is that of nothing better than a five and dime. You wash it once and it shrinks, stinks and pills. I cannot where polyester, too hot in summer and cotton in the marketplace merely doesn't exist. So, yes, I will pay more and I'm getting more on the Q than I have ever found anywhere else. Quality does cost more, last's longer and wears well and I look nice, not like I rolled out of bed with something cheap. 

Contributor

EVER SINCE QVC BOUGHT HSN THEIR PRICES HAVE GONE UP. DON'T SHOPMUCH  ON SHOW ANYMORE!

Contributor

QUALITY IS USELESS ON QVC NOW!

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCTwrote:

I have been a bargain shopper all my life.  I used to buy a lot of clothing from QVC.  No more.  There are so many other options.  You may prefer to shop in person.  So many stores have websites offering free shipping over a certain amount and offer great sales.  Many people get bargains at outlet malls.  I have gotten some great buys buying clothing at the end of seasons.  I try to buy classic styles, as well.  And so many offerings in petite styles, which I find lacking at QVC.

@PamfromCT, where is your favorite place for petite styles? TIA.

Trusted Contributor

I pick and choose what I purchase from all of the shopping channels these days.  For instance, one of them offers free shipping frequently.  Another one offers hourly specials that may be deeply discounted.  I'm down on evine more than the Q.  evine charges ALOT for shipping and the items I've been interested in seem to be going up in price. 

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1wrote:

@PamfromCTwrote:

@PamfromCT, where is your favorite place for petite styles? TIA.

Sometimes I buy from Macy's, along with Lord and Taylor.  I have good luck at Talbot's and JJill (at their end of season sales, when I can get good bargains).  I also buy from Appleseeds and LLBean catalogs.  I love my bargains and love combining sales with coupons.  The trick for me is buying off-

season.  Of course, I just have to stop, as I have been retired for some time now, and I have way too much clothing.  

Occasional Contributor

This top is $93.80 and $3.50 shipping. Maybe they used gold thread when they stitched it up?  https://www.qvc.com/Side-Stitch-Tencera-Pullover-Roll-Tab-Sleeve-Hi-Low-Tunic.product.A299018.html?s...

I don't know who is buying these overpriced clothes.

Susan Graver was always higher priced but now it's even worse.

Denim & Co has some nice things but for some of the clothes, I don't find them attractive at all and certainly wouldn’t pay the high prices they are now touting.

QVC = quality, value and convenience. 

Well, it's convenient but so are all online shopping stores, quality - sometimes but value  I have to say not so much.

Their Today's Special you can find a good buy at times.  But now I compare their products to Amazon first since I am a Prime member and shipping is mostly free and delivery is one or two days.

Qvc has outpriced this customer for sure. Amazon sells some of the same things that are on QVC and sometimes the price is like half of QVC's.

Whoever is in charge of these new prices is getting greedy! 

Goodbye QVC, see you around maybe!

Occasional Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@jerseygirl1948 wrote:

This top is $93.80 and $3.50 shipping. Maybe they used gold thread when they stitched it up?  https://www.qvc.com/Side-Stitch-Tencera-Pullover-Roll-Tab-Sleeve-Hi-Low-Tunic.product.A299018.html?s...

I don't know who is buying these overpriced clothes.

Susan Graver was always higher priced but now it's even worse.

Denim & Co has some nice things but for some of the clothes, I don't find them attractive at all and certainly wouldn’t pay the high prices they are now touting.

QVC = quality, value and convenience. 

Well, it's convenient but so are all online shopping stores, quality - sometimes but value  I have to say not so much.

Their Today's Special you can find a good buy at times.  But now I compare their products to Amazon first since I am a Prime member and shipping is mostly free and delivery is one or two days.

Qvc has outpriced this customer for sure. Amazon sells some of the same things that are on QVC and sometimes the price is like half of QVC's.

Whoever is in charge of these new prices is getting greedy! 

Goodbye QVC, see you around maybe!

@jerseygirl1948   I had to laugh, look back when this thread started.   2015  Wow This has been goig on a long time.