Respected Contributor

@TheMemphisVette Nope.  You CAN buy what you want, where you want.  And, you can spend as much as you want or can afford or can pay on time.  That's your choice. 

What the poster MAY be suggesting is that if you think QVC's prices are too high, vote with your remote.

Respected Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@TheMemphisVette Nope.  You CAN buy what you want, where you want.  And, you can spend as much as you want or can afford or can pay on time.  That's your choice. 

What the poster MAY be suggesting is that if you think QVC's prices are too high, vote with your remote.

@Cats3000 

read it again.  it is NOT a suggestion.   

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Yes, QVC is pricing itself out of the low middle income demographic market where there are a lot of senior citizens on fixed incomes, as well as, younger folks who can't afford rising prices either.  

The problem with sales at QVC or elsewhere is limited selection, sold out sizing and colors.

If you're willing to spend the time looking, for example, a few months ago, I got a jacket from TJ Maxx online for $29 that retailed for $159.  Price tag still on it.  A few days ago, a $595 coat for $99 that was sold at Neiman Marcus, price tag still on it.  Both arrived in new condition and fit me perfectly.  In both cases, shipping was free.  But, I look for designer names that I am familiar with their quality or I don't buy.

I know some people who never pay full price for clothing and they can afford it.  

But, I get it, shopping with QVC is easy and at times enjoyable to watch.  Unfortunate that prices have been rising so much.  Now, coats over $150 becoming more frequent.  Is QVC using better fabrics and higher quality workmanship?  Or would it be better buying a $300 coat elsewhere on sale for $150?

Honored Contributor

Suppose QVC's price increases are caused by a variety of things.  But, current tariffs don't explain new clothing where prices were negotiated a year ago other than 10% on fabric.  So, it appears QVC increasing prices on the current tariff percentage would be too soon.  It takes about a year from design to receipt of an order; although, current short turn around reorders may be effected by higher prices now if made in China.  

Some Chinese manufacturers raised prices last year in expectation tariffs would go into effect and other than the 10% on fabric, they didn't until a few months ago.  

Retailing news say manufacturers are trying to keep their prices down because they know it will result in sales loss.  Quite a few are no longer manufacturing in China.  

Target recently told all of its suppliers they will not accept price increases.  

Those retailers raising prices will be the losers.  

Honored Contributor

@c yn wrote:
Holy cow!!!... What is happening to QVC’s price point?
T - shirts for $49.00????, knit dresses for $ 90.00?
Hello?... QVC.... Ever heard of Marshals or TJ Maxx.. That’s where your “ toss offs”end up , 3 months later.
Listen folks... Stop buying!.. or let QVC know, you’re not happy with their escalating prices!

Well any store that I think the prices are too high for my budget I just shop someplace else.  I have purchased fly london shoes from Q which were over 100.00 dollars. Some people would pay more for shoes some would pay less but the shoes are very comfortable for me..  Its all about if you like something enough to pay more for it.

Smiley Happy  I would not pay 49 for any shirt, or 90.00 for a dress so I just don't buy.  Stores have a right to charge what they want and we as consumers have the right to bargain shop.  I have lovely pieces I have purchased from thrift stores, even a denim and company sweather.

Super Contributor
The Q will exhist for ppl that wear 4 and 5 x or 3 and cant find their size in a regular store or online. No need to bash the wonderful selection at TJMax or Marshalls just because you cant fit into the clothes the store has. Ppl are willing to pay whatever because they have no choice
Highlighted
Super Contributor
How large will ppl ask for i wonder , I mean 4 &5 x and then complaining about stores not having sizes is really wow ! Price points will continue to rise if sizes get larger.
Trusted Contributor
Well, some folks need the larger sized clothes and JMO I think it is nice that fashionable styles are available on QVC.
Respected Contributor
Don't knock larger people who can't find their size in discount stores, as 2x and up are always the first to be bought since the prices are much cheaper. And if people don't mind paying more on QVC because they offer their size, why get upset about it? They're not spending your money.
Trusted Contributor
@Cumbercookie13, well said! Just because someone is plus-sized, doesn't mean they shouldn't have access to fashionable clothing in the styles that they choose, whether it be @ Marshall's, TJM, QVC, etc and the price point is up to each individual to decide!