Re: Previously Recorded???????????

We have been concerned that QVC has raised their prices to the point of our curbing a lot of purchases.  The value is simply not there like it was for years.  Then we noticed the same products are sold on HSN within a couple of days of being on QVC, so why have two channels selling the same thing?    HSN followed by going to pre-recorded overnight programming, and now QVC has followed suit.  For years, we have left our TV on QVC overnight because we would wake up and see products we would buy.  We called it "sleep shopping."   Now, we don't because of the constant rerun.   

It is obvious QVC needs to evaluate their programming and (if it is a driver) their financial model.   Divest of some channels (QVC2 and HSN2, as our TV systems do not carry them anyway).  Return to the basics that made QVC a successful leader in TV shopping.  This latest move has caused us to change our viewing habits, and they do not include QVC at night anymore.   A review of our shopping record shows a significant drop in purchases now.    

I am very disappointed that QVC decided to show reruns of items. I live in Hawaii and for me,  it's prime time after work and dinner when they start the previously aired showings.  This time of the year is when I start shopping for my Christmas gifts!  Very poor timing QVC., I will definitely be shopping online at different retailers... 

Respected Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@LuckyLadybug wrote:

Is this permanent? Smiley Sad We always watched in the late-night hours. Now there won't be anything to see. Why would they do this?

Regular 24/7 programming on QVC returns Tuesday, November 5, 2019. 

Repeated programming from 2am-7am ET on QVC continues indefinitely.

November 4-10, 2019

November 11-17, 2019 

November 18-24, 2019 

November 25- December 1, 2019 

December 2-8, 2019 

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@banned again wrote:

@LuckyLadybug wrote:

Is this permanent? Smiley Sad We always watched in the late-night hours. Now there won't be anything to see. Why would they do this?

Regular 24/7 programming on QVC returns Tuesday, November 5, 2019. 

Repeated programming from 2am-7am ET on QVC continues indefinitely.

November 4-10, 2019

November 11-17, 2019 

November 18-24, 2019 

November 25- December 1, 2019 

December 2-8, 2019 

@banned again  So, unless they increase live hours on all of their other channels, which does not seem to be he case, there will be a number of hosts shown the door soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

They changed the program guide to show that repeats will continue!  Wow!

This ship is seriously sinking fast.  

There is no way now that they can justify that over burdensome host roster.

Regular Contributor

I personally think Jill B saw the writing on the wall and got out of there fast!

Super Contributor

Doing the same thing like HSN shows repeats of the midnight tsv from 2:00am to 8:00am, was really disappointed when I saw this. I'm up those hours and use to enjoy watching the live shows... So now I don't. watch QVC as often....
Contributor

Well, it's a shame they are sticking with this pre-recorded mess. I guess I will thank QVC for saving me money - quite a bit of my purchases were made from the overnight shows. I can spend my money elsewhere now. Smiley Indifferent

Valued Contributor

I am saving a bit as well. I am one who has a hard time sleeping and I would turn on qvc at that time. Now it is something else.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

When is this previously recorded programming going to end?  Does anyone know? Yes, I know I can change the channel. QVC, if you are listening, please go back to live programming.  The money you think you may be saving might just be offset by lost customers or sales.  I do love QVC but think you should re-think this new format.