Respected Contributor

Re: Post office no longer tracking returns'

@Catch71 wrote:

I know they have free boxes; they are not called flat rate.  Flat rate refers to the price for sending that box regardless of the weight of whats inside.  Free boxes are weighed and you pay by the weight of the contents.  Boxes are different.

@Catch71 The post office does carry flat rate priority mail boxes and envelopes. The boxes/envelopes themselves are free, you only pay the flat rate fee when you mail the package off. I use this method everyday for sending legal documents at work.

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom 

Yes, that is what  I understand.  You only pay when you mail but you pay a flat rate.

Regular Contributor

Is it okay to send back more than one Item back in the same box? I realize I Need to include all the return slips.

Valued Contributor

I have heard that story before. When they at the post office scan the label it automatically generates a Receipt. That receipt has a Tracker # on it ,for you to keep tract of your package. For him/Her to say the post office will no longer track your package is RIDICULOUS..They have to keep tract of all the packages. She/He is just blowing smoke.

Valued Contributor

@Starpass  People have done that..BUT the label that you put on the box is for 1 item.Even if you have more than one item in the box,I've heard that they only got credit for 1 item and the other items were not loggged like they should have been. So, take a chance,but be ready to have a problem

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpass wrote:

Is it okay to send back more than one Item back in the same box? I realize I Need to include all the return slips.

@Starpass, yes you can return more than one item in the same box, just make sure the items are going to the same returns center. I have done it many times. I also write on the box in marker "multiple items in box", but you do not have to. As you said, make sure you attach the invoice for each item. From QVC's website:

How do I return multiple items with one return label?

We want to keep the return process as easy as possible!

You can return as many of the items that arrived together in one box with the one return label you received, and you'll only be charged for one return label fee.

• To return items from different shipments at one time, you can use one box and one return label as well.
  • To print a replacement return label, go to the Order Status page on QVC.com.
Contributor

If it has a tracking number the post office will scan it and it will be tracked!
Trusted Contributor

@Catch71  Actually, the flat-rate boxes themselves are free. You can pick them up at the post office. However, when you fill them and take them in to mail them you have to pay the flat rate for the particular size box and category (Priority or Express). Obviously they can't be mailed without the proper postage. You are not charged by the weight for shipping in those particular boxes: if it fits, it ships for the flat rate.

Trusted Contributor

USPS has NEVER tracked it when QVC's 3rd party shipper has picked the items up. Now, if your local USPO has always done the shipping, then yes, that IS different. But for those of us who have USPO that the 3rd party shipper has been in place for years, we've never been able to track their package. Getting a receipt is CRUCIAL as proof you dropped it off.

Any company that uses a USPS for their returns uses, IME, a 3rd party shipper. At least where I've lived for the past 10 years and including where I am now. It's a nightmare because depending on the place you're returning it, they may make you wait a month plus before issuing you a credit (ShopHQ is one of those places). Others will credit your card after 14 days from shipment OR if you give them the info off your receipt, they'll do it within a few days. 

3rd party shippers are, IMHO, useless. They do not offer tracking in any way and can take as long as they wish. People blame the USPS but it is NOT their fault, it's the 3rd party (Logistics is the one used by most) and they simply don't care because they don't need to.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

People continue to complain about USPS, but use them knowing they can't handle the most simple of tasks.   Have no idea why anyone continues to use USPS.  Worthless!!!  I use either FedEx or UPS.