Regular Contributor

Post office no longer tracking returns'

I was at the post office with a QVC return. The clerk told me to make sure to keep reciept, because starting next week. USPS will no longer be tracking them. This makes me a little nervous. I wish QVC would let us know of this change, and how it will effect return tracking.

Honored Contributor

Re: Post office no longer tracking returns'

[ Edited ]

I worked at a post office location for a few years after retiring.  

Q's label is for parcel post mail, the lowest and slowest priority. Because it's so cheap, it doesn't receive the same perks as other types of mail, which is why it isn't tracked. The receipt you got at the postal location is all you have to prove it was mailed back.

I rarely use a retailer's return label. I pay and print my postage at USPS.com.  I will pay the extra dollar or two for flat rate priority mail compared to the cost of the label.  You'd be amazed how much I can fit in a flat rate cardboard or padded envelope.  

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart 

Thanks for your advice.  I will buy a flat rate box next time I have a return/returns.

Super Contributor

I noticed that this past month went I sent back two pieces of jewelry that were a bit pricey. I called QVC a week after and they had received them. I will be more careful when returning more expensive items and not use the Q return label on them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@livein kindness - Even if that is true, which I am skeptical about, it should not be a big deal; the USPS has always been only a dropoff point from which QVC's returns agent picks up packages, so there was never any USPS tracking beyond the agent pickup. To track your return packages after that point, simply go to the order page for your item and click the "Track My Return" link—after more than a year of being broken, the functionality is now working again. Or you can also track your return through the agent's system here: https://pitneybowes.shipment.co/track

Trusted Contributor

Just returned something and received notification from USPS that it's on it's way to QVC.

Honored Contributor

Interesting, I just returned 2 bracelets...pricey...and used the Q label, and also got a receipt from the post office.  About a day later I got an email that the package was on the way back and today got verification that the package arrived.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

@CalminHeart 

Thanks for your advice.  I will buy a flat rate box next time I have a return/returns.

@Catch71: Just an FYI...the post office offers many flat rate boxes free of charge. Go to:  www.usps.com and click on the Postal Store  tab. There are several boxes/sizes offered.  

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:  

@Catch71

@Catch71 wrote:

@CalminHeart 

@Catch71: Just an FYI...the post office offers many flat rate boxes free of charge. Go to:  www.usps.com and click on the Postal Store  tab. There are several boxes/sizes offered.  

thanks. I was just about to tell her the same thing.  There is no cost until postage is paid. 

I use only flat rate boxes. Free boxes are also available at all post offices and at grocery stores with postal stations.  

Respected Contributor

I know they have free boxes; they are not called flat rate.  Flat rate refers to the price for sending that box regardless of the weight of whats inside.  Free boxes are weighed and you pay by the weight of the contents.  Boxes are different.