Respected Contributor

Awesome means something that leaves you in awe. When you use it to describe EVERYTHING, then it is no longer awesome but ordinary. It also means you have a limited vocabulary.

Respected Contributor

Re: Please Stop Saying Awesome

"Awesome" has been oveworked until it has little meaning, not just on QVC either.  The Grand Canyon is awesome.  Clothing is not.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There are so many wonderful, descriptive words in the English language, maybe we could chip in and buy a Thsaurus for the host lounge .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Agree and it is not just limited to QVC. Over-used words include AWESOME, FAB, CHIC, AMAZING, CRAY CRAY, LOVE and all the other words and phrases that are so redundant in todays vocab. Kinda takes away from the meaning of the words indeed.

Regular Contributor

and don't forget REALLY !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stormygirl wrote:

Agree and it is not just limited to QVC. Over-used words include AWESOME, FAB, CHIC, AMAZING, CRAY CRAY, LOVE and all the other words and phrases that are so redundant in todays vocab. Kinda takes away from the meaning of the words indeed.

***Stormygirl123***Not only that, I've never heard an educated person with that kind of speech.  I would think that a person who had this annoying habit didn't have a good command of speech.

What is the syllable that Lori repeats?  "Georg"?  This jacket is just "georg"!  It's juvenile.  I think with Lori, it's the speach of the industry she's in.  Lori should be able to step out of that and speak what is considered the norm, however.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'd also add that I'm tired of people, Lori for one, who are constantly obsessed with the mundane.  Isn't obsession an indicator of mental illness?

***Kachina624, I think Lori is in her "element". Designers love what they do and she isn't short on passion. In a creative environment, people absorb eachothers energy.

Lori has pride in her work and she's making money at Q; the hosts and models swoon over her items.  I saw a woman wearing a top of hers and it was a most unbecoming sight, but I'm glad she was happy.

Respected Contributor

Don't forget "WOW"! I swear they say it constantly.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the use of the terms "Bae".....   YOLO......it used to be your teen kids only used the 'hip' language....Now I hear alot of slang even on the news.