Contributor

very disappointed that all day silver 3/1 has been cancelled. for years it was my way to gift myself for my birthday. oh well, one more reason to shop elsewhere

Respected Contributor

I agree.  It's a shame that they show very little jewelry anymore.  Oh well, on the bright side, more time for obi belts, beds, Dysons, computers and Vitamixes!  LOL, not that I am interested in any of those things!

Honored Contributor

@graciesmom1 wrote:

very disappointed that all day silver 3/1 has been cancelled. for years it was my way to gift myself for my birthday. oh well, one more reason to shop elsewhere

IMO better they cancel than palm off white bronze.

Esteemed Contributor

I always enjoyed the jewelry shows at the Q.  It is too bad that their focus has gone to other areas.

Respected Contributor

Not only has silver been kicked to the curb, Eterna Gold is being featured. Salt in the wound...

Occasional Contributor

There is an all day silver sale on March 11. Every hour with a few other shows in the mix, but at least 75% silver shows that day 

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls  Not only are we trying to figure out the focus but trying to figure out also what those areas are. 

They've lost their focus on anything and today another kitchen day with another ninja????  DIdn't they just do a blender type thing on Sunday? And don't forget the sponges to clean up your kitchen cooking messes!!!! They have nothing else to give us anymore except sky high prices on everything they have. 

It's the same hodge podge of nothing.  I just looked at segments from the today's home page - embellishments/sequins on clothes, everything is like $45 and up.  What's up w/LOGO at $90-$100+ - she/Q is kidding right?  Linea, graver, Liz, Quacker - who is buying this stuff?  Then there's the lacy stuff - again who's spending $45+ for a tee shirt or sleeveless tank with lace only on the front for $55+.

What - NO ALL DAY SILVER DAY MARCH 1??????  Instead tomorrow all day clearance on vincenza stuff??????  Oh wait, they're sliding in 2 hrs of the same old liquid knit girl.  How fun will Thursday be?

It's truly just so sad here anymore. 

Respected Contributor

@BlingItOn wrote:

There is an all day silver sale on March 11. Every hour with a few other shows in the mix, but at least 75% silver shows that day 

Spoiler

Thanks for pointing this out and glad to see there is a day highlighting silver. But why the shift from the 1st to 10 days later? Maybe they are just weaning us away from the jewelry one step at a time....we no longer have the usual lineup of Black Hills Gold on the federal holidays so this is another departure from their past jewelry programming schedule. I must be lazy, but I liked the printed program guide that came in our packages versus the online version that I don't remember to check.

For newer viewers it won't be much of an issue that silver day has moved but long-term viewers will probably remember when March 1 was always a day of unbelievable values and even in the first shows complete with the hosts in 1880s western costumes. I knew ladies who scheduled a vacation day so they could shop. The costumes were cheesy but the silver was great. Now the emphasis seems to be on the designer lines with designer price tags.

Valued Contributor

Becoming sadly clear QVC is not interested in selling affordable sterling silver, including affordable artisan crafted sterling.  So glad I just signed up for membership in a competing shopping channel and got a beautiful Bali TS bracelet at a great price!  Have no idea why QVC is limiting the vendors they offer and stacking the deck in their favor.  And, also, sooooo sick of beauty shows before mostly ridiculous high-end, expensive gadgets instead of color cosmetics for eyes, lips, etc.  Once again, so few vendors; they sure can't compete with Seporah or Ulta, that's for sure.  Wonder if Lisa Robertson saw the handwriting on the wall and the pitiful direction QVC was going so she bailed??  QVC needs to bring back a bunch of days/vendors/items, or they are going to lose a lot of tried and true customers, at least IMO.

Honored Contributor

One thing for sure, the "V" surely doesn't mean VARIETY...  Same things, different day... Used to be fun to shop here. Not so much now.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...