Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Pizza is my favorite food.  I like a good pizza.  Not Pizza Hut, Dominos or frozen.  A pizza place usually in a strip mall making amazing pizza.  A large plain cheese in my area runs $24.  One place it's $28 but will say that pie is big!  We recently went to the trendy outdoor mall in our town.  Don't go there really, very high end stores and expensive.  But they have a pizza place everyone seems to be talking about.  Authentic neopolitan brick oven pizza.  They're on the small side.  Ordered 2, one cheese and one pepporina and had 3 drinks....with tip $60.  But the pizza was amazing!

$24-28 for a cheese pizza is highway robbery plain and simple.  A cheese pizza costs a restaurant a couple of dollars to make.  With markup, I would refuse to spend over $12 on one.

Trusted Contributor

Delivery fee and tip doesn't bother me one bit.  Not having to deal with traffic or waiting in line is worth the price.

Plus we can eat in the comfort of our own home and I don't have to cook. 

Super Contributor

Except that the gas to drive there costs more than a tip to the driver.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered a 16" build your own pizza from Papa Murphies take and bake that was $30--didn't think that was awful at all. to be delivered as well.

Valued Contributor

Spurt said: "

Thats what it cost me here in Texas at Pizza Hut if you have a large, thin crust, pepperoni and mushroom delivered.....$29 including delivery fee and tip

There are other cheaper pizza places, but the pizza tastes terrible, the crust tastes like cracker crumbs....and toppings are sparse.......You get what you pay for!"

I don't see a problem with yours because you said it's a large pizza, nice amount of toppings and good flavor, all charges included. The ones I was referring to on QVC were very small, more like personal size and I don't even think they had toppings or at least not much.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

Yes, I agree.  It's not clear to me why a person would buy frozen pizza from TV.  Or is it piping hot from the oven?  Or neither?

Valued Contributor

Watching now, thinking the same thing. Gourmet show had some good stuff, but I cannot jusify spending so much.

Contributor
And I'm not paying $53 per pound for Rastelli filet medallions.
Contributor
Paying $53 per lb for Rastelli 16 2 Oz. medallions is not in my budget.
Super Contributor

I only eat pizza from family owned restaurants. I really have lost my taste for chain restaurants.