Contributor

I have seen these picture keepers demonstrated over the years and I have a question about the TSV. What is the difference between one of these and a standard thumb drive? Amazon has a three pack of 32 GB thumb drives for $16.99. This seems to be a better deal if they do the same thing as the picture keeper.

I'm not that tech savvy.

Thanks so much.

Honored Contributor

Notice the more expensive ones have more GB of menory.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

The TSV is 32 GB X 2 = 64 GB

I saw a 3-pack of standard thumb drives on Amazon for $16.99: 32 GB X 3 = 96 GB.

I just didn't know if the Picture Keeper did something that a standard thumb drive does not do.

Frequent Contributor
I have this. You get different adapters for your cell phone and you can save your pictures, contacts, videos. You can then put them on your computer if you want.
Respected Contributor

She keeps making a point of saying a great feature of this is to use it to take a cell phone shot of an old photo. Well hello, you don't need this device in order to do that. 

Frequent Contributor

A standard thumb drive plugs into your computer, rather than into your phone. 

To get the photos onto the thumb drive, you would first transfer them to the computer, then transfer to your thumb drive. Although it requires an additional step, this is easy to do and a much less expensive way to store your photos.

The TSV appears to be a thumb drive that has adapters that enable it to plug directly into various phones, making it easier for those who are uncomfortable with "dragging and dropping" on their computer.

Using an SD card for photos in your phone is another cheap way to store and back up.

Frequent Contributor

I was wondering the same thing.  I transfer from phone to my PC and then have used a thumb drive.  Thumb drives are cheap, higher GB's, higher price.  Seems there may be way to organize the pics though on the TSV.  Must be popular though, Q been selling them awhile.  

Super Contributor

Google photos automatically saves any pictures I take with my Galaxy phone, Why would I need a special device?