Honored Contributor

Re: Pat- Looking Happier

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Spurt  It's the "mink eyebrows", the "raccoon eyes", and the "horsetail extensions" that age most of the QVC hosts.* Who has the energy to wear all of that nonsense when attempting to work?  LOL  All hosts appear younger, prettier and healthier doing their own make-up! Hope they continue to do so.

Remember when Cathy Levine (and other hosts of that era) always did their own make-up, set up their own props, bought and prepared the meals presented, and found their own costumes for special Gold Days?

*Not my own terms. A group of women I adore came up with those . . . and more for kicks and giggles a very long time ago! 

@BirkiLady 

One wonders why dont the Makeup Artists see what we see....a lighter touch is more beneficial....

My cable company didnt carry QVC during the "Golden Days"....I came in after Kathy Levine left....but while Dave King and Bob Bowersox were still with QVC....then they left and a plethora of hosts left for various reasons----Dave James, Jacque Gonzalez, Patti Reilly, Lisa Mason, Albany Irvin,m Sharon, Lisa R....etc etc etc....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I agree with you about the nude lipstick @Spurt .  Remember when Shawn went through that period where she refused to wear color on her lips?  Everyone would always comment that she needed color, but she went the longest time with that darn nude lip. 

@San Antonio Gal 

A lot of the hosts seem to like that look, but its not  very flattering

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I've been thinking that just about all of the hosts, vendors, etc. look years younger without all of that TV makeup and eye makeup.

Seriously, at least ten years younger; and mostly twenty years plus+ younger.  

It's amazing how "less is more" (more meaning looking younger).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I have noiced it too ? Perhaps she is in love ??  Isnt she divorced ?

@ROMARY wrote:

I've been thinking that just about all of the hosts, vendors, etc. look years younger without all of that TV makeup and eye makeup.

Seriously, at least ten years younger; and mostly twenty years plus+ younger.  

It's amazing how "less is more" (more meaning looking younger).

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt,

I remember watching one of the hosts talking to Kathy Levine as she was walking into the studio in the old days and Kathy had rollers in her hair.  She actually came onto the set. Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I agree with you about the nude lipstick @Spurt .  Remember when Shawn went through that period where she refused to wear color on her lips?  Everyone would always comment that she needed color, but she went the longest time with that darn nude lip. 

@San Antonio Gal 

No one will ever convince me that darn near ANY woman looks way better with color on their lips.  Not nude, real color.  It lights up your face more than anything else.  It would be my desert island product.

I am very fair, and without lip color I just look washed out and tired.  Add lip color and it's a game changer for me.

Nude, nope!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Danilova2 wrote:
I am watching Pat and, while she always looks good, she looks happier and “lighter” (not talking about weight although I think she looks great). Has anyone else noticed that she seems more cheerful?

I have hardly watched QVC in several months, but did flip over to see how they were working out with the social distancing. I imagine many of the hosts are glad to have to work with certain vendors, lol. I've totally lost interest in QVC, over the last yr. I haven't been on the forums in awhile, til now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pat- Looking Happier

[ Edited ]

Saw Pat subbing for Leah yesterday and although she's always attractive, she did look  better than I've seen her in a long time.  Less makeup was definitely one of the reasons.  The heavy false eyelashes and black eyeliner give her face the look of an older woman trying too hard.  She looked fresh and refreshed yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@Spurt,

I remember watching one of the hosts talking to Kathy Levine as she was walking into the studio in the old days and Kathy had rollers in her hair.  She actually came onto the set. Woman Very Happy

@roeroe1005 

Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

In addition from benefiting from a cleaner makeup approach, Pat comes across more confident, natural, and professional when hosting alone.