Occasional Contributor

I think it is ridiculous to have this heavy poncho on as Today's Special Value.  It's the middle of summer for crying out loud!  There have also been alot of long sleeved tops  and heavy jackets on recently.  Most people want to buy summer clothes right now.  Can't you wait until at least August to start selling these fall/winter items?  

Occasional Contributor

Sorry.....this should have been entitled PONCHO!  My bad!  

Frequent Contributor

Agree - it has been 90 here since May  - with no relief until October!!!  It looks like a blanket but I guess it goes with the clown clothes from Logo.

Respected Contributor

@Beaches 1956 wrote:

Agree - it has been 90 here since May  - with no relief until October!!!  It looks like a blanket but I guess it goes with the clown clothes from Logo.

Uh oh...

Respected Contributor

@Beezer2 wrote:

I think it is ridiculous to have this heavy poncho on as Today's Special Value.  It's the middle of summer for crying out loud!  There have also been alot of long sleeved tops  and heavy jackets on recently.  Most people want to buy summer clothes right now.  Can't you wait until at least August to start selling these fall/winter items?  

Can't let the other shopping channels and B&M stores get a jump on it...I bet the B&M stores are slowly filtering in their fall stuff as well..  But granted, it's being pushed on us like vegetables were when we were kids.  At least I'd they weren't cooked to smithereens, they were healthy for us!

Trusted Contributor

@Beezer2 wrote:

All of the B&M stores I go to, are getting their Fall/Winter lines out and have been for awhile.  Summer clothes are on clearance and horribly picked over. 

I, too, wish we had a better selection of seasonal clothes, in season, but, it's not the way retail works. 

I need a new coat for winter and a few fill in pieces, for Fall/Winter wardrobe.  I'm not in the mood to shop for those things now, but, if I want the best choices, I better get with it! 

Respected Contributor

@Suhse wrote:

@Beezer2 wrote:

All of the B&M stores I go to, are getting their Fall/Winter lines out and have been for awhile.  Summer clothes are on clearance and horribly picked over. 

I, too, wish we had a better selection of seasonal clothes, in season, but, it's not the way retail works. 

I need a new coat for winter and a few fill in pieces, for Fall/Winter wardrobe.  I'm not in the mood to shop for those things now, but, if I want the best choices, I better get with it! 

Maybe not quite yet...

Honored Contributor

The transition to fall has started.  The newspaper here is full of summer clearance sales.  Fall will be in the stores soon, so it's not just the q.  This has been going on for a couple years now.  If you want the best selection of the season, you have to buy the season before.  

Honored Contributor

It is only 71 where I live.  I think they are trying to please everyone.  

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

It is only 71 where I live.  I think they are trying to please everyone.  

It only gets into mid to high 70's here as well and our summers are so short so please, let us enjoy what summer we have without thinking about falls do winter clothing.  I think most of us can get by with what we have for sure.