Valued Contributor

Beware of Waitlist!!

[ Edited ]

I recently ordered a Denim & Co top on waitlist.  I waited a couple of days and decided to check the item on line.  When I went to see the top - the one I had on waitlist was listed as "in stock"!  My order was still listed as wait list!   Of course I cancelled my wait list order and reordered from the in stock item.  These items tend to go fast so I wonder if I hadn't checked for myself would someone else have gotten the item I had on waitlist?  Now when I have something on waitlist I go back and check it every day!

Esteemed Contributor

I had this happen to me last fall too....

Honored Contributor

I've had this happen once.  I've also had a waitlist item arrive in a week from ordering.  It's in your best interest to keep an eye on your orders.

Honored Contributor

There's a saying in the financial world I fully believe in -   "No one cares abour your money more than you do."

I know that often refers to taking advice from financial advisors, brokers, etc., but I believe it also works in the retail world -  we do best when we don't depend upon someone else ot their computers to take care of what we want or need.

Happened to me yesterday although not at QVC.  I was checking my credit card and spied a $25 late fee.  No notice and if I hadn't been looking I wouldn't have known since the money had been electronically withdrawn from my bank right on time, but probably because of the holiday it took the receiving bank extra days to process it.  Of course, the CS reps are trained to tell us that because we are such good customers, they will withdraw the charge, any interest, etc., but you know who will be checking very carefully!

Honored Contributor

If I order something and it goes on a wait list I usually cancel right away.

Respected Contributor

I highly recommend if it's a clothing or shoe item, checking everyday is the best method of getting it.

Occasional Visitor

I ordered the TSV Dynatrap 1/2 acre copper and was put on waitlist. Shortly thereafter, I began seeing presentations of same item (higher price now) with delivery dates. I expected I would be receiving mine shortly. I did not. I emailed QVC, asking why I haven't received mine and got the stock response on how waitlist works. Then received notice that item was not in stock and my waitlist was canceled. Really?!? I think this item was so popular they were able to sell at the higher price so they canceled TSV waitlist orders. This was a crummy thing to do, especially with such an important item. P.S. now sold out and can't order.