Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

The transition to fall has started.  The newspaper here is full of summer clearance sales.  Fall will be in the stores soon, so it's not just the q.  This has been going on for a couple years now.  If you want the best selection of the season, you have to buy the season before.  

Excellent comment.  To tag onto that, I have actually seen three TV commercials earlier today for "back-to-school" items i.e. backpacks, tablets, etc (from Walmart).

Respected Contributor

@Beezer2 wrote:

I think it is ridiculous to have this heavy poncho on as Today's Special Value.  It's the middle of summer for crying out loud!  There have also been alot of long sleeved tops  and heavy jackets on recently.  Most people want to buy summer clothes right now.  Can't you wait until at least August to start selling these fall/winter items?  

I am so with you on this comment. It's 91 degrees right now and it's almost 8PM. The last thing I am thinking about is buying a poncho or anything long sleeved. Nothing like the bums rush. 

Regular Contributor

Pancho is correct.

Honored Contributor

@Beezer2 wrote:

Sorry.....this should have been entitled PONCHO!  My bad!  

@Beezer2:  You can edit the spelling by pressing the three dots at the top right of your post.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Occasional Contributor

You hit the nail on the head!  

Occasional Contributor

Thank you!  

Esteemed Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

The transition to fall has started.  The newspaper here is full of summer clearance sales.  Fall will be in the stores soon, so it's not just the q.  This has been going on for a couple years now.  If you want the best selection of the season, you have to buy the season before.  

Excellent comment.  To tag onto that, I have actually seen three TV commercials earlier today for "back-to-school" items i.e. backpacks, tablets, etc (from Walmart).

My nephew and niece return to school on August 17th.  Not so far away.  They have already received supplies needed notifications so parents have time to spread out purchases.

My state hasn't committed to a back to school tax free weekend for 2016 but neighboring states start theirs the last weekend in July.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Super Contributor

It's not heavy. I bought it back in June through the Insider. It's like a thick cotton T-shirt material. And I bought the 3x, I love super baggy clothes, technically I'm a medium. It would make a great swimsuit cover up if you're going inside in a cool lobby of a hotel / to your room, or to take to the movies. 

Honored Contributor

It's not heavy.  It's French terry, probably not as warm as an average cardigan sweater.  It even looks flimsy.  Perfect for air conditioning, don't you know.

I don't know why people on these boards can't accept that the summer shopping season is over and we're transitioning to fall.  It's always this way, B&M stores too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

"I have actually seen three TV commercials earlier today for "back-to-school" items i.e. backpacks, tablets, etc (from Walmart)."

Most schools in the "south" start the first week in AUGUST!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif