Honored Contributor

Re: Packing slips/labels not needed

@Kachina624   Good to know.  I rarely order from Amazon with they had a procedure for returns for those of us that do not live in a large city or near a UPS store.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who have all the conveniences of a printer, cell phone and a UPS or usps store near them that will also print out a label from a QR code if no printer that is great.

For those who have no printer or store near them to return it is not easy or convenient.

I used to have a printer but it was always having a problem and yes like others have said , the ink and supplies were expensive.It finally refused to work just like my mother's who had to keep calling someone to fix hers.

I was so glad to see one of those great return labels included in the last thing I ordered-the Muk LUk's tsv which I did need to return.

It's just like QVC's website. I don't know what kind of IT people they hire but customers should not have to continually try to figure out what is the problem, or have problems continually recurring.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@meem120 

You don't need a printer. Do you have a smartphone? If so they can email you a qr code that you take to the UPS or Post Office and they will scan it and print a label for you for free.  

Respected Contributor

I want a return label with all my purchases. We request a post office pick up the night before our regular delivery and postal carrier picks it up from our front porch. When I wake up in the morning I set it out on the porch and they scan it immediately when they grab it. Easy Peasy! The Q code is nice but in the middle of winter or if not feeling well who wants to drive to the nearest UPS store. Not Me.

To the poster who mentioned being charged $3 for someone to print a label. What company does that???
That’s crazy if it’s a UPS store or drop off place!
Respected Contributor

@AZfem Who charged you $3 to print the return label?
Respected Contributor

Here is my take on this subject. I am a senior citizen and I have a pretty good grasp of technology, however, I can understand the frustration of those seniors who do not. I have a computer, smartphone, printer, iPad, etc. and know how to use them. I have a ups store less than 10 minutes away and a post office 5 minutes away so I have no problem taking my returns there. That being said, I do not need a return label so I have no problem not getting one. But, for those that don't have or don't want a printer, don't understand how to get a QR code, don't have a ups nearby, etc. I can see how they want the convenience of a return label. I think this issue is generational. Qvc has a large senior viewership who want the dang label for convenience. Qvc is going without them at times following in the footsteps of many other retailers. I order online from LandsEnd, Talbots, Amazon to name a few who don't include any paperwork at all. It's the whole paperless revolution and like it or not it's here to stay.  So, yes I do sympathize with those who feel the need for the label being included, but I understand the industry's direction of going paperless. I assume qvc did studies before they made this decision and obviously decided to inconvenience some because the majority of customers don't need the paperwork.

Super Contributor

I prefer the labels/info sent with my order.  Here's a suggestion: Prior to checking out (either on-line or with a rep.), offer this option: Request a receipt/Return label...Select Yes or No.

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 I’m far from being a senior citizen and I prefer the label and paperwork. If you work full time you don’t want to be running to UPS or the post office on your free time. So this issue is not generational.
Respected Contributor

@Texas Grey Wolf Brilliant idea!!! Similar to do you want to go paperless with your statements. We have laptops, iPad, smartphones. and a printer but I want my paper statement each month. Thank You very much. 🤗
Trusted Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@meem120 

You don't need a printer. Do you have a smartphone? If so they can email you a qr code that you take to the UPS or Post Office and they will scan it and print a label for you for free.  

I can assure you that the post office employees in my zip code are not willing to scan and print anything for customers!