Honored Contributor
On 12/16/2014 culebra said:

PM Style needs a host like Lisa R who has a good figure. Lisa looked good in everything she tried on. I think this attribute is a must.

Are you joking? Sandra has a beautiful figure. How could you miss that? She doesn't wear all of her clothes too small, however, so that might be why you did not notice.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor
On 12/17/2014 milly said:

I personally would rather the host not try on the clothes. That's why they have models.

I like seeing the hosts try on the clothes. Because the majority of the time that is the only way we get to see the item on someone. When they show the models, they have 2 camera angles...one where they show the models across the set at a distance and one up close on a model like they do when they are going over the colors. At least when the hosts have the clothes on, they aren't shooting across the set.

Sandra would be my choice as the host for PM Style. She is a good host and looks good in the majority of the clothes. Overall they need to revamp the show and get rid of the fb sidekick, whether it is Courtney, Amy, etc... the fb sidekick adds nothing to shows. The last people that helped Lisa on fb (Erin and Katie) would chat with people during the shows and had just as many people, sometimes more) then Courtney does. They also need to make the show about style and not about skin care items, irons, etc... and change the camera angles and positioning of the models.

Honored Contributor
On 12/17/2014 3star said: I totally agree with Sugarflake, purge PMS from the program lineup, and replace it with a different fashion segment with an altogether new name and format. Posters can't help themselves, whomever is unfortunate host who replaces Lisa will always be subject to criticism. Something new and refreshing is sorely needed along with fashion vendors who demonstrate a younger and more modern approach to design.

I totally agree. Lisa didn't "invent" PM Style as others had hosted it before. If they don't totally change it, any host will be compared to Lisa for a long, long time. It needs a total revamp anyway.

Honored Contributor
After watching the PMS show this week-a very "rough"/hardly watchable show-it strikes me that Q did not have a "plan" for Lisa's departure. A 2 month notice is not a sufficient time to revamp a TV program/hire a new host. If Lisa's departure was truly a "company" decision, a better prepared/well run organization would have produced a better show/transition to retain the customer base. No existing Q host has the personality or skills to succeed Lisa. And this is the "plan" for the next several months? Yikes! Appears that a search is underway for a new hire/host.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor
On 12/17/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 12/16/2014 culebra said:

PM Style needs a host like Lisa R who has a good figure. Lisa looked good in everything she tried on. I think this attribute is a must.

Are you joking? Sandra has a beautiful figure. How could you miss that? She doesn't wear all of her clothes too small, however, so that might be why you did not notice.

I agree that she models clothes very well. I like her style more than any other host.

Sort of OT since it's not what you're talking about, I think Sandra probably has her own career plan, and just following in someone else's footsteps is not part of it. She seems very happy to be hosting Susan Graver on Sunday evenings and I know she went to China last year to help train their hosts.

I would be surprised if any of the hosts just want to follow in someone else's path. They all probably have their own goals.

Trusted Contributor
On 12/17/2014 Chi-town girl said: After watching the PMS show this week-a very "rough"/hardly watchable show-it strikes me that Q did not have a "plan" for Lisa's departure. A 2 month notice is not a sufficient time to revamp a TV program/hire a new host. If Lisa's departure was truly a "company" decision, a better prepared/well run organization would have produced a better show/transition to retain the customer base. No existing Q host has the personality or skills to succeed Lisa. And this is the "plan" for the next several months? Yikes! Appears that a search is underway for a new hire/host.

Other hosts have filled in right along when LR was not there. What transition needed to be made? I think the show with Sandra as host was more pleasant to watch without the constant posing for the camera.

Honored Contributor
On 12/16/2014 hulagirl said:
On 12/16/2014 golfcartrider said:

Sandra did a terrific job and I hope she gets PM Style! She adds a freshness that was lacking.

She did ok and she is very pretty......just too much awkward vendor hugging!

Actually, Sandra resisted the "vendor hugging" for a very long time. She is somewhat reserved and I don't think she likes it. She was probably told she had to do it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I would like to see them change things up on PM Style, like rotate hosts and include fewer social media updates and beauty products.

Honored Contributor
On 12/20/2014 Ford1224 said:

Sandra did a terrific job and I hope she gets PM Style! She adds a freshness that was lacking.

Actually, Sandra resisted the "vendor hugging" for a very long time. She is somewhat reserved and I don't think she likes it. She was probably told she had to do it.

I don't think Jill hugs every vendor either. Some of them--just way too much hugging and kissing. I think it is a waste of time, awkward, and not businesslike.

Honored Contributor
On 12/20/2014 Ford1224 said:

Sandra is not the right fit for this show. The vendor hugs are very awkward-it does look "forced", and her delivery/presentation is too hyper-too much caffeine? At times she seems disconnected b/c she's preparing what to say next. Poor listening & engaging skills. Only watched a portion of the show this week...very disappointing. It seems like Q has no plan for Lisa's departure - interim or longer term, nor how to retain the younger demo customers. Received a post card reminder to the Nordstrom clearance sale that begins on 12/26-up to 40% off!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri