Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSalwrote:

The material is available under product description.  Seems kind of silly all around.  JMO

Many customers shop by TV information and expect information needed to buy that way. Some don't have computers. Others don't like to have to do the host's job by booting up and hunting down pertinent information. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Womanwrote:

Like many of you, I'm puzzled WHY hosts cannot give the exact price, and pertinent information during the presentation.  It should just be the policy.  

That would prevent anyone from calling up and calling out a host that isn't doing the basics.

It is not too much to ask to know what the fabric content is.  Also, how about care?  So much time is spent blathering about things that have no connection to the presentation.

Yea, I get the physcology of using the lesser number and avoiding shipping charges, but it's annoying.

And, that, again, is another reason I stopped watching and shopping.

It's more important to Shawn to discuss the celebration of each calendar day and question models on what they think of the day. While she does this, I hear her telling vendors to talk quickly about product b/c they don't have much time. Not much time for the product but plenty of time for all her nonsense.

Shawn really performs like her job description is different than other hosts: it's about me and what I want to talk about.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdeewrote:

@QVCkitty1wrote:

Shawn is the most unprofessional host on the Q, and I'm glad she was called out.

I think it was good she was called out too, but she then went on to continue stating the price as she did before.  I also dislike when they say "this top is only $9.00"--without  saying that is the first payment of 4 (or more).  Very misleading.  I'm sure there are some people that misunderstand the total price they will be paying.

To continue to not correct herself is her way of showing how little value the call was worth to her. To the caller, she apologized; behind her back was something else. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdeewrote:

@LindaSalwrote:

The material is available under product description.  Seems kind of silly all around.  JMO

Some people still do not use computers. 

And why should they have to? It's the host's job to give that information. Do your job is the message, or do something else. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lipswrote:

@Phyllywrote:

For me, calling out a host, on national TV is embarrassing and unncecessary.  I think it should've been handled by the producer who is supposed to screen the calls before going to the host.  I respect that the caller had a concern/complaint, but I do not respect that she thought it was best to humiliate the host on TV.  JMO...

Well Shawn has been rounding down for years, so the Producer(s) obviously did not think it was a problem.

Sleeping or not doing their jobs, I suppose. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardesswrote:

@Daysdeewrote:

If they want us to get all info. from our computers, then they don't need to be there to present the items.  Too much silliness now and not enough information we need to make an informed purchase.

This is something I have said many times.  Why not just have something that roates the products around and just eliminate the hosts.  After all, a lot of them do nothing more than that when presenting and don't give all the product info and details.   It seems to be more important to tell us that we can wear Denim & Co or Graver items to church, pumpkin picking or to clean the toilets, but any other info you just have to get online to find.  If the viewer has to do all the legwork, then why have hosts at all?   When I'm watching tv I shouldn't have to be on the computer at the same time.

I've even heard a host say she won't repeat the colors and go to QVC.com to see them all. Huh???

Respected Contributor

@febe1wrote:

@MarthaStewardesswrote:

@Daysdeewrote:

If they want us to get all info. from our computers, then they don't need to be there to present the items.  Too much silliness now and not enough information we need to make an informed purchase.

This is something I have said many times.  Why not just have something that roates the products around and just eliminate the hosts.  After all, a lot of them do nothing more than that when presenting and don't give all the product info and details.   It seems to be more important to tell us that we can wear Denim & Co or Graver items to church, pumpkin picking or to clean the toilets, but any other info you just have to get online to find.  If the viewer has to do all the legwork, then why have hosts at all?   When I'm watching tv I shouldn't have to be on the computer at the same time.

I've even heard a host say she won't repeat the colors and go to QVC.com to see them all. Huh???

That's just awful and I think just plain lazy.  Seems like that is the main purpose of their job!  They should be there for the viewer, since we can't see everything about the product.  I guess it's just more fun to act like a giggly school girl and ask silly questiions on Facebook that have nothing to do with the product in front of them or talk about personal things.  Not all viewers have computers and as I said before, I shouldn't have to have the computer on when watching.

Contributor

Clean the toilets! LOFL!

Honored Contributor

@mercyMewrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

GraceysMom: FYI.................the Spanx legging shown as a TSV this week R NOT made of rayon. The R made of:  nylon, spandex and elastane.  Contact Spanx yourself if in doubt.

Iceberg .... Yes, I said mostly rayon .... I knew it was a "manufactured fiber" that did not breathe (for me at least)!   I can only wear cotton, not nylon, on my old body.  My point being, the fabric needs to be announced thoughout the presentation. 

@mercyMe, the TSV leggings are 94% cotton/6%spandex.( @ahoymate, elastane is spandex. )

Rayon in leggings? I haven't seen that.

I understand you preference for cotton, but to be true leggings, there has to be some stretch; hence, spandex. I have some comfortable crop leggings from Talbots that are a cotton/spandex blend.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Thanks @suzyQ3 ... yes, thanks for clarifying.   I was in error when I typed RAYON ... I meant to say NYLON.  

Granted, spandex has to be incorporated into a legging, and some work for me.  I know some of my sweaters have only 2% spandex in (with cotton), and that bothers my sensitive skin immensely.  I'm just old and highly sensitive to most man-made (manufactured) materials.