Honored Contributor

@mercyMewrote:

Thanks @suzyQ3 ... yes, thanks for clarifying.   I was in error when I typed RAYON ... I meant to say NYLON.  

Granted, spandex has to be incorporated into a legging, and some work for me.  I know some of my sweaters have only 2% spandex in (with cotton), and that bothers my sensitive skin immensely.  I'm just old and highly sensitive to most man-made (manufactured) materials.  

@mercyMe, I understand. If you ever decide to try leggings, you should stick with a cotton/spandex blend rather than a nylon blend.

You could check out Talbots' leggings, both full and crop. They always have promos, so they might be less than the Spanx TSV (btw, different Spanx leggings have different fabrications). Also, I don't know your size, but they tend to be more for the older set. My crops from them are not quite as fitted as I would like, but that's okay for my exercise walking.

On the other hand, if my J. Crew nylon/spandex were any more form-fitting, I'd probably be arrested. :-) I love them.

Another option is to skip them altogether. I had lived a long, full life before buying mine recently.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

Rounding down, omitting S&H costs, speaking in terms of a single easy pay or "X per day" are bad habits. They do this for the sale sadly. I too really hate it and find it disrespectful. Be mature and be transparent about the expenses. I am more likely to buy something when the host is transparent, honest, and straight forward about the real cost of the product.

Having said that, I almost believe this is a QVC initiative. Hosts that started off being more clear about the costs over time started using more fluffy, vague, and minimalistic phrases such as "and change". Also, I have had the customer service representatives use the same expressions and actually correct me (For example, I say $5.00 and they correct me and say $4.98).

Honored Contributor

@WitchyWoman:  I agree that Shawn wastes a lot of time chatting with the models about things most of us don't care about.  Another QVC show I'm watching very seldom now.

Respected Contributor

If you're paying $44 for leggings, you probably don't care that much about the pennies.  Besides, with tax and shipping it's a whole lot more than $44 anyway.  Such fussing.

Honored Contributor

Re: PM STYLE LAST NIGHT

[ Edited ]

There have been several lawsuits aimed at QVC such as what they referred to as a suggested retail price, after the lawsuit they periodically read how QVC defines various prices....So it wouldnt surprise me if someone insisted that they sell the item for $44 since thats what Shawn said on air.....sure its only 98 cents but you know how people are these days.....

And I think that was kind of childish of Shawn to mock the caller by saying after the call, that the price was $44 and sarcastically adding AND CHANGE...she said that just for spite........Woman Frustrated  But that's Shawn..being the drama queen that she is....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@LindaSalwrote:

The material is available under product description.  Seems kind of silly all around.  JMO

So because the host can't give complete product information the customers have to use a 2nd source of technology to find the details....talk about something that discourages a customer from buying something!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1wrote:

@Witchy Womanwrote:

Like many of you, I'm puzzled WHY hosts cannot give the exact price, and pertinent information during the presentation.  It should just be the policy.  

That would prevent anyone from calling up and calling out a host that isn't doing the basics.

It is not too much to ask to know what the fabric content is.  Also, how about care?  So much time is spent blathering about things that have no connection to the presentation.

Yea, I get the physcology of using the lesser number and avoiding shipping charges, but it's annoying.

And, that, again, is another reason I stopped watching and shopping.

It's more important to Shawn to discuss the celebration of each calendar day and question models on what they think of the day. While she does this, I hear her telling vendors to talk quickly about product b/c they don't have much time. Not much time for the product but plenty of time for all her nonsense.

Shawn really performs like her job description is different than other hosts: it's about me and what I want to talk about.  

@febe1

What gets me is she is supposed to be the fashion Queen Bee yet every promo has her in the same black/white dress she wore long ago when she frst started with the Q..........LOL!!!  And who ever heard of a fashion diva that hates pants and handbags.....????????

PM Style®    Image may contain: 1 person, smilingShawn Killinger

And from her Facebook Page........

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Image may contain: 1 person, smilingImage may contain: 1 person, smiling

Esteemed Contributor

People seem very sensitive about this issue....  While I get everyone's point , to me I don't mind looking into something for myself if I am interested in buying it.  I've never really relied on the hosts to give me every bit of info, I know it's their job, but seriously.   Also I guess I wasn't thinking of those few who do not own electronic devices or computers. I realize they would need more information during the actual presentation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSalwrote:

People seem very sensitive about this issue....  While I get everyone's point , to me I don't mind looking into something for myself if I am interested in buying it.  I've never really relied on the hosts to give me every bit of info, I know it's their job, but seriously.   Also I guess I wasn't thinking of those few who do not own electronic devices or computers. I realize they would need more information during the actual presentation.

JMHO but the "C" in QVC is supposed to be about convenience and the Q has the added advantage over other retailers of being on TV, therefore, I shouldnt have to be INCONVENIENCED in having to use multiple electronic devices to find product info....if thats the case, why does Q spend all that money to be on TV....maybe they might boost their revenues they had 0% increase in revenue from Q-USA for 2017.....(and this has nothing to with their parent company's purchase of HSN---which is calculated under Liberty Interactive's expense.....)

Honored Contributor

JMHO...personally I'd love to see Gabrielle or Katie McGee take over PM Style...maybe Id watch more..........