Valued Contributor

Re: Outrageous Prices and Deceptive Sales Tactics

Sidekickin, you are totally right.  The replies you got are right too.  If others want to be foolish and support this inflation, more power to them.  You don't have to look hard for better quality, truth in sales and products,  and extradinary pricing.  when I grocery shop at Costco, Sams , Wal Mart it is so fun to look at clothing items offered.  The beauty is the quality and value.  It is so fun, esp. at Costco to find same items are ridiculous low prices.

that were on he Q.  Do things your way and thanks for not contributing to our problem economy.

Esteemed Contributor

Just my opinion, but I think the hair Max is junk. It goes along the same lines as my pillow.  The claims are just not believable.

Occasional Contributor

@Etoile308. Almost all states charge sales tax. I know that I won't get an item home for an $8 EasyPay that they promote, but for the hosts to explicitly say that when almost all states charge sales tax and most items have shipping costs, it's just plain deceptive. Even with Free Shipping on some items, it isn't free to send the item back for a refund. They advertise free exchanges, but you can still be charged if the price changes or the shipping amount changes. And you are taking a big risk if they even still have the item in stock. They won't let you reserve an item for exchange at the time you send the other one back, so it is a crapshoot if you will get the exchange. You just have to keep your fingers crossed that they still have the item in stock when they receive the old one. Just bad policy all around.

I should have read the reviews before I purchased. But I never thought QVC would sell an item that they knew was defective and had problems. I will say that QVC refunded the entire purchase price and shipping both ways. I was happy they did that.
Occasional Contributor

I also think they drill the "get it home" EasyPay price to detract from the high prices. Clothing and shoes are just way overpriced. $60+ for cheap shirts and $100+ for sandals is just ridiculous.
Occasional Contributor

I didn't have the HairMax product long enough to see results. I found another product on Amazon which was actually better (280 lasers instead of the 41 on the HairMax) for almost $100 cheaper. And free shipping. I've had it 3 years now with no problems and I use it regularly.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sidekickin wrote:
I didn't have the HairMax product long enough to see results. I found another product on Amazon which was actually better (280 lasers instead of the 41 on the HairMax) for almost $100 cheaper. And free shipping. I've had it 3 years now with no problems and I use it regularly.

@Sidekickin   I'm just curious.  Your problem with Hairmax, that you started your oriinal post about, happened 3 years ago?  

Have you had a string of similar problems with your QVC purchases since you were refunded your money -- 3 years ago?

I will say, I agree with others who brought up the issue about the sales tax.  Since it's different for each state, it's impossible for the sales hosts to accurately give the absolute easy pay amount on air.  That's why you see your amount before you hit the Submit button.  So yes, you can get it home for $8, since every reasonable person knows they will have to add sales and usually shipping.  

What if they said the full price is $49.99.  Would you say they were still being deceptive?  There's always the issue of tax & s/h.

I like to shop at many different places.  Prices for good quality is up everywhere, but finding a great deal is part of the hunt for me.  

Occasional Contributor

Yes, my negative experience with QVC was over 3 years ago. I rarely buy anything from QVC anymore. It's sad because I used to be a regular shopper. Regarding the hosts erroneously saying you "get it home for $8 on your credit card", it is a lie no matter how you look at it. It will NOT be $8 charged to your credit card to get it home, unless it is free shipping and there's no sales tax where you live. That rarely, if ever, happens. The hosts could at least be honest and say, "You can get this home for $8 plus shipping and tax on your credit card." That's honest and shoppers would respect that.
Respected Contributor

I don't like that they make the comments invisible on the product page if they have sold a similar or same product in the past.

This is especially annoying when it's a very heavy item that will be expensive to send back on your dime if you don't like it. I don't know anymore about things that arrive broken or missing parts, whether you bear the cost of shipping it back or not.

There are some reviews that indicate the customer pays the return shipping.

Like others said here....there are SO many places to shop online today ( which is what QVC is)...Pick a reliable one and try it...

If you Google any name brand item you want to buy, you will get lots of suggestions as to where it's sold...and truthfully, a lot, not all, are cheaper, free shipping, or better return policies.

But if you want pajamas....well, QVC is the place to go !!! EVERY time I turn on the channels, HSN too, there they are....pajamas pajamas pajamas...

I guess QVC, like Target and Walmart, have so much late arriving inventory that was delayed by the pandemic, they have to do a lot to get rid of the backlog...it's been widely reported on the financial news channels...

Good Luck!!!

Respected Contributor

I order far less from Q due to the 30 day return policy. Most places have a 60 or 90 day return policy; some places have an unlimited return policy. Anything I buy should last longer than 30 days, but Q doesn't seem to have the confidence in their products to last much longer than that, which is reflected in the short return window.  

Respected Contributor

The My Pillow is awesome. I have four and take them with me on trips. DH loves them also. I know nothing about the hair Max but it sounds a bit impossible and is far too expensive to try on a whim.