Respected Contributor

One review up already for the TSV & you all have made me paranoid.

It is quite possible that this person did buy the TSV & is very excited & decided to join to post a review.

"This offer is what I was waiting for. Recently purchased the new concelar and I love it! This foundation is medium and full coverage. I love the fresh look in my face everyday! "

Are you more likely to go ahead & buy a product if there is, at least, one good review posted?

I did look at it & saw that someone gave it 5 stars & had a second's thought that I should consider buying it, but I know I don't need this set & the powder & foundation will most likely break me out. Everything breaks me out. I would love to look fresh every day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: One review up already for the TSV & you all have made me paranoid.

@Dusty1, based on your commentary about it would be likely to break you out, I wouldn't even consider it. Reviews can be hit and miss and you have to consider that reviews represent such a very small percentage of those who actually purchased the product, like .01% or something ridiculously small. I have more interest in sizing comments in reviews than in their opinion of the item. I've purchased some fashion items with low reviews that I loved, and others with five stars that I have returned. It is such a personal taste issue.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

It is quite possible that this person did buy the TSV & is very excited & decided to join to post a review.

"This offer is what I was waiting for. Recently purchased the new concelar and I love it! This foundation is medium and full coverage. I love the fresh look in my face everyday! "

Are you more likely to go ahead & buy a product if there is, at least, one good review posted?

I did look at it & saw that someone gave it 5 stars & had a second's thought that I should consider buying it, but I know I don't need this set & the powder & foundation will most likely break me out. Everything breaks me out. I would love to look fresh every day.

No. One review is generally meaningless to me unless it's very detailed. What works for one person may be terrible for the next and a single review with minimal information isn't useful without others for comparison. That goes for a good or a bad review. If I really want something, one bad review is not going to change my mind.

Contributor

I am always suspect when the review is there on the day of the tsv or before. I know some people get the tsv's early but I take the reveiws with a grain of salt.  I was looking at the reviews for the foundation itself since that's been available so the opinions are more reliable (if that's the right word)

Trusted Contributor

I use the serum foundation every day, but I am glad I bought it at a BE store rather than from television.  I would have picked the wrong color; the BE salesperson correctly picked my color, and she was right!  I am not buying the TSV only because I don't need the products other than the foundation. But it seems to be a good value.  I honestly don't rely on cosmetic reviews - I buy what I like.  If it doesn't turn out well - that's fine. 

Respected Contributor

@andigrif wrote:

I am always suspect when the review is there on the day of the tsv or before. I know some people get the tsv's early but I take the reveiws with a grain of salt.  I was looking at the reviews for the foundation itself since that's been available so the opinions are more reliable (if that's the right word)

Sort of what I was getting at. It was this person's only review & it was a glowing one for the TSV. And, then I was sort of mad at myself, because it made me stop & rethink the TSV, even though I know it's not something that I NEED or will work for me. How guillible am I? LOL