Respected Contributor

Now wait just one darn minute!

Waiting for my laundry to be finished, so I'm watching the Q, which i rarely do. 

Quacker Factory is on and I've heard the host suggest a couple items that would cost over $50.00 for teachers' gifts.  Seriously?  Who spends that much for teachers' gifts?  Maybe if you're a host at the Q, but in the real world, that kind of money is for family gifts. 

Get real, please!  You sound ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

Re: Now wait just one darn minute!

I love people who "rarely" watch QVC but they just happen to be watching when something is said that bothers them.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Was it Jane with the suggestion?  There she goes again with the crazy things we can gift.

Respected Contributor

I agree. Money is tight for most of us.  I have talked my friends the last two years into just having a lunch or dinner together for our Christmas - no gifts.  I think we enjoyed it even more because there was no stress involved - just EATING! 

Contributor

I agree. $50+ for a teacher gift is crazy. I get they are selling stuff, but don't insult us.

Respected Contributor

Karnerblue,

Quite frankly, I don't care if you believe I just happened to be watching or not.  It's the truth and I stopped watching for many reasons.  However, because other channels were between programs, I thought I'd see what the Q was selling and heard those suggestions.  

My laundry is now done and I've changed to another station.  OK?

Contributor

I believe you were watching, and just caught that super suggestive upsell comment. I feel the same, they use really old school type of selling techniques; buy now, and avoid future regret! Good grief. Like they are selling you gold.

I've bought a lot of stuff from QVC, but sometimes I feel they still ... try to get older lonely people caught up in the rush of buying for others ...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just ignore all the gift giving suggestions on Q or I would be gifting half the town. It's on every show now, so I am getting good practice on ignoring their sale's pitch.

Edited to add: I am watching this live show too. I have to hand it to the gentlemen in the audience for attending a show dedicated to quirky lady's clothes. (A compliment)

Respected Contributor

The show was hosted by Jane.  She quite often gets carried away with her selling pitch. 

Frequent Contributor

A few years ago, I was watching Jane do a dooney and burke show. And she suggested getting a teacher a $400.00 purse. I couldn't believe it.