Respected Contributor

Re: Now wait just one darn minute!

To all teachers in PA:  move to the West Chester area!  You won't believe what your students give you for Christmas!

Respected Contributor

I agree.  The suggestions are getting a bit extreme and outrageous.  I don't like pushy salespeople, either on air or in stores.  It's a big turn off.  I don't need them to tell me which people in my life I need to buy gifts for, thank you.  LOL, Leah was on there recently and going through her whole list of people that we need to buy gifts for.  It was very obvious that she was trying really too hard to come up with a new recipient we all should buy for.  She kind of had an awkward pause while rambling off her "list" and came up with the crossing guard.

Honored Contributor

Actually, I don't think Jane is that far off in her suggestion.  A friend of mine is a teacher and rec'd a Coach bag last year for a teacher gift. The entire class pitched in and got just the one gift.

I have heard Jane say in years past that her daughters' entire class did the same and gifted a D&B bag.  I don't think Jane is suggesting one student gift that bag to the teacher. 

Respected Contributor

The only parents who should be giving expensive gifts are the ones with total brats.  In that case, the teacher deserves something out of the norm.

Occasional Contributor

Karnerblue: Your comment was very discrespectful....seriously....disrespectful...not everyone is glued to the TV watching Q....

Occasional Contributor

Right on "di-mc":!!! I had to comment on that 'blue' persons comment of you 'just happen to be watching'.....really? I dont hang out and constantly watch the Q either...I channel surf and do happen to 'pop in' to see who is on, what IS goin on etc...I would love to buy somethings from Susan Graver...but sadly I cannot as I cannot stand to listen to her interupt the host AND the caller!! I understand loving your own line, I understand selling your line, but I dont understand how disrespectful she is! And people love her! So, I dont sit and watch TV all day and again, back to that rude comment ....i guess it was just that....rude...from that one 'person'

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

I love people who "rarely" watch QVC but they just happen to be watching when something is said that bothers them.

I don't know, given today's Q, if you watch at all, they're bound to say something bothersome... It's like all of a sudden it's in their DNA...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Lindaj46 wrote:

A few years ago, I was watching Jane do a dooney and burke show. And she suggested getting a teacher a $400.00 purse. I couldn't believe it. 

Could it, perchance, have been a ballet teacher...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I can understand if everyone in the class contributes to buy the teacher one group gift, and they give an expensive handbag. However, the QVC hosts should clarify that when they're rattling off their list of who this would be perfect for.

Esteemed Contributor

Gee-I must be way out of the loop.....I've purchased Dooney bags for all teachers, UPS drivers, my hairdresser, receptionists at doctors' offices, grocery store cashiers, postal workers, gas station attendants, and anyone else who might have been kind to me on a certain day......