Honored Contributor

I started watching back in 1998 when it felt more homey and I liked the hosts. Haven’t watched regularly in eons and subsequently saved a lot of money. 

Honored Contributor

Things change.  Can't stay the same forever.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
I no longer watch. Could not stand the hosts any longer and rather than just keep complaining, I stopped watching. Once in a while I buy something from website. Don’t miss QVC:-)
Esteemed Contributor

I don’t watch as much as I used to .... I now tune in to HGTV & TLC .... 😻

Trusted Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

Take heart, tomorrow is their “Fri-Yay” and they will entertain you by shrieking that awful word at you every other sentence...

@SunValley  LMAO!! Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with all comments above, but I think it's not all QVC's fault.  I'm sure it's me.

When TV shopping was new, it was fun and exciting.  Heck, QVC had games every hour and I didn't want to miss a minute!   They actually had bargains on quality products.  I loved watching.    Now I'm bored with the whole concept and I can find better bargains elsewhere.   I still flip over to QVC for certain products, but can't watch an entire program anymore.  

I wanted to watch some of the Irish show yesterday afternoon, but the second time Jane screamed that we shouldn't miss "Fri-Yayyyy", I turned off the TV.   Don't know why that irritates me so much...

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

It certainly isn't the same.  I've been a customer for forever.  It's one thing to have fun while presenting, but they have gone way overboard w/some of the childish "fun" things they have introduced. 

Some of the hosts giggle and scream and jump up and down like they are little children finding a new toy.  Can't they grow up?

Some yell at you and have a condescending tone in their voices, like you are an idiot or going to be sent to the dungeon if you don't buy.

Nope, can't take it.

Esteemed Contributor

It feels like the hosts are trying too hard to be hip and contemporary. I prefer the older (the originals), and when QVC was classy. I get it that they have to change with the times - but in that, you gain some and lose others.

Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I agree with all comments above, but I think it's not all QVC's fault.  I'm sure it's me.

When TV shopping was new, it was fun and exciting.  Heck, QVC had games every hour and I didn't want to miss a minute!   They actually had bargains on quality products.  I loved watching.    Now I'm bored with the whole concept and I can find better bargains elsewhere.   I still flip over to QVC for certain products, but can't watch an entire program anymore.  

I wanted to watch some of the Irish show yesterday afternoon, but the second time Jane screamed that we shouldn't miss "Fri-Yayyyy", I turned off the TV.   Don't know why that irritates me so much...

It irritates many of us. They yell it out repeatedly. It’s as awkward as middle aged parents suddenly carrying on a conversation in hip hop to impress their kids’ friends with how cool they are. Ugh. And ultimately because it’s just fake excitement over a pack of 12 microfiber dust cloths.

Occasional Visitor

This is my first comment ever but in reading the posts, I just have to agree with all on this subject.   All the really enjoyable (for me) items like the collectibles, jewelery, crafts are long gone.  I remember the doll/bear shows and the really unique jewelry .  Progress to not  have any longer?  Maybe,  but if you have been with QVC  forever (since 1992 for me) you miss the items that made you want to buy as you could not find them elsewhere.  Today, most of the items on QVC can be purchase thru Amazon and shipping is in a few days not several days to a week or two.  I have pretty much stopped watching like others only on occasion.

Guess I  am really getting  old as all the young hard sell is just a turn off and the items are of no longer of interest (electronics/vaccum cleaners, etc)

Ok I feel better now and enjoy just reading all the blogs!!