Regular Contributor
I catch myself watching less and less qvc. The shoes are just not interesting anymore, the same old all the time. I have 4 of their channels and it’s either a repeat or the same stuff and brands all the time.
Super Contributor

I agree.  It use to be so relaxing to turn on the TV after coming home from work to kinda hang out with my "qvc friends" and see what's new.   Now it's like they're always screaming at me to buy now, and get new charge card.  

Respected Contributor

Take heart, tomorrow is their “Fri-Yay” and they will entertain you by shrieking that awful word at you every other sentence...

Honored Contributor

I agree, I dont watch much of any shopping network at all anymore.  I will watch if Valerie is on even though I never buy a thing.  Sometimes watch some skin care but buying alot less. I am trying to think it thru before ordering anything. Man Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Katilein Your post is something I'd have posted.  I agree with you.

I used to keep it on just for the noise in one of the rooms.  I don't even do that much anymore.

It bores me.  It's the same stuff over and over.

I've told my friend who helps me that we're going to start boxing up all of the stuff (most of it is QVC) that I don't know use and either give it to Goodwill or store it.  My girls have said, "Don't give it to me".  Ha!

Being honest here, some of it is because I just don't cook anymore (at all) and I don't need so much STUFF.

I've always found the customer service people to be exceptionally courteous.  

One problem lately though, I'm put on hold so long I often give up because I don't need "IT" anyway (I say it's a sign).

Respected Contributor

My QVC viewing habits have changed over the years.  While my TV is still tuned to QVC 12-15 hours a day on average, my serious WATCHING has diminished to 6 or 7 hours. I am also so turned off by certain hosts and vendors that I switch to HSN. Many of us use QVC as background noise in our aparments.. But during the hay-day of QVC when Kathy Levine was there I would watch QVC much more. And Buy more !!  I have curtailed buying due to high prices and less enjoyment. The hosts just arent the same as the original ones. 

Honored Contributor

@Katilein 

...  QVC thinks viewers will tune in to watch  these new shows, but its nothing but the same ole stuff over and over....so I change the channel....and am watching and buying a lot less...

There are only a few vendors/products that I tune in to see anymore...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

Re: Not the same anymore

[ Edited ]

I dont tune in as much anymore either. I use to have it in the background as well. Not anymore. I record Valerie's shows for ideas and David Big Christmas and if is something that is unique I will buy it but overall not buying as much anymore. I just discovered QVC a few years ago and I believe the thrill is over.

Respected Contributor

I don’t know anyone in their 40s or younger who would leave their TV tuned to QVC for any length of time, let alone for hours as background noise. I’m sure younger viewers are out there, but not the numbers needed to replace the baby boomer group that put them on the home shopping map. We have already seen the demise of collectibles, crafting, even jewelry shows, so even older viewers have decided that they have enough stuff. Will be interesting to see how QVC navigates their way through the choppy retail waters. 

Regular Contributor
it's Just the same stuff over and over again. And some of the hosts are really annoying as you guys mentioned. Thanks for the replies