Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not eligible for return or exchanges what ?

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon.  You have to be very careful because there are a good amount of items that say no returns or have some type of stipulation.  If an item cant be returned I dont buy and either find another supplier or go else where to buy it.  This is with 3rd party suppliers and I watch that like a hawk.

Thanks for the 'one-up' @Imaoldhippie .  I've always bought food and household products on Amazon, but latelyhave been getting clothes there also - so far, so good; their sizing recommendations have been right on!

Honored Contributor

It the price is deeply discounted they do say "not eligible for returns or exchanges"  They have been doing this awhile now.  Sale and clearance items can me returned or exchanged.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I have always thought that any item including clearance or sale items were eligible if arrived damaged ,had that changed in the last few days ?   An item I looked at a few days ago said if damaged now stated in red not eligible fir returns or exchanges . 

I've never had luck at any retailer with items marked non-returnable so I don't buy them.

Respected Contributor

It reads in bold that it is not eligible for returns or exchanges.

Read the reviews, and note the dates. @Kitty Galore   2 of them state the item was damaged. I would take it that's why they have it written in bold no returns or exchanges.

I would pass, for now and see if the item reduces further in a few weeks.

I have seen the same bold statement at least for the past  2 or 3 years. I passed on a lovely pair of Clark shoes because the discount didn't seem worth the risk.

About 2 weeks later the shoes were further discounted...under $20. I then took a chance after reading more recent, positive reviews that were posted.

The shoes were fine.

Respected Contributor

Its not a mistake.  There are many items listed as final sales and not eligible for returns.  I got several good deals last  year at extrodinary low prices.  You must be knowlegable about your size  for that line.  I got 3 very good winter jackets last year for practically nothibg.  Two were absolutely perfect. the 3rd was a little snug, so I decided to donate it.  It was a wonderful jacket and I hope someone is really enjoying it.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Kitty Galore - I think that's just a mistake, as it's a clearance item, not a "Final Sale Item".

But here's the return policy even for "Final Sale Items":

With only limited quantity, sizes, and/or colors left in stock, these items are offered at a Final Sale Price and may not be returned nor exchanged. QVC’s Return Policy does not apply to Final Sale Price items. QVC® will only accept returns or exchanges for product defects or QVC errors. Call Customer Service at 888-345-5788 for such returns.

There's no way you'd be expected to keep something that arrived damaged or was the wrong item.

LADIES !!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@Kitty Galore - I think that's just a mistake, as it's a clearance item, not a "Final Sale Item".

But here's the return policy even for "Final Sale Items":

With only limited quantity, sizes, and/or colors left in stock, these items are offered at a Final Sale Price and may not be returned nor exchanged. QVC’s Return Policy does not apply to Final Sale Price items. QVC® will only accept returns or exchanges for product defects or QVC errors. Call Customer Service at 888-345-5788 for such returns.

There's no way you'd be expected to keep something that arrived damaged or was the wrong item.

LADIES !!!

Please read @Venezia  post carefully.

DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE CAN ALWAYS BE RETURNED.

Trusted Contributor

If you put "blowout clearance" in the search bar the entire selection of deep discounted items will show.  These are the ones that can't be returned or exchanged.  I buy a lot from this section.  If you are confident of your QVC size there are some great bargains.  Last week I ordered two sets of Denim & Co t-shirts (A499577) and an Isaac t-shirt (A513676). 

Esteemed Contributor

first of all on my iPad it  was posted ....No returns or exchanges  ,  nothing  about damaged or defective can always be returned .   Now I have of course seen that on other clearance items , bought and they were fine .  As long as it says that I would take the chance and buy.  This particular item that I have been interested in and check every so often to see if reduced in price enough to purchase was, I just hesitated because I only saw no returns or exchanges and nothing else as I usually see.

i have since emailed customer service and indeed it can be returned if it is damaged stating qvc would not want me keeping a damaged item .  Thanks for the info Barb @

customer service 😊

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore - Like I said in post # 6.  QVC doesn't expect you to have to keep damaged or defective items.  

@RespectLife - thank you for actually reading what I posted.  (Sometimes brick wall comes to mind.)  Woman Frustrated