Respected Contributor

I have seen them this week.  I have no opinion on them as they are nervous and new.

But they all seem the same to me, like the last group.

Hyacinth

Regular Contributor

I like her as well, but sometimes her “accent” can be annoying.  But she is lovely.

Honored Contributor

Re: Newest Group of Hosts

[ Edited ]

I think the [relatively] new hosts are very good, and have shown marked improvement from their early nervous days.  One exception is Kristine Zell, who I think has not improved much and unfortunately seems like she still needs more off-air training. 

I'm looking forward to Courtney Khondabi's new shows with Amy and she has another one with Rick.  Mary Nelson is a delight and very thorough.  Cathy seems genuinely interested in so many things that deal with lots of the items she presents; she brings a wonderful practicality to all her presentations. 

Of the new/new hosts, I'm very much enjoying the presentations by Anthony, Ali, and Katrina.  In my opinion, the hiring and training of these most recent hosts has been exceptional!  There's much less of a learning curve & professional comfort level happening on-air. Much appreciated QVC!

Regular Contributor

While being a host requires some charm, a good sense of humor, & product knowledge, it’s pretty much scripted.  Nobody ever “buys” anything, they “pick it up.”  All prices are “under” a price even if it’s 2 cents under.  Easy pays always expire at the end of the day and it only takes $xxx “to get it home.”  I’ve noticed the new buzzword is “phenomenal.” I find the morning hosts like Dan & Pat to be more conversational rather than stock product presentations. I also wonder with the influx of new hosts, are some of the old ones retiring?  Needless to say, they deserve retirement.  I just hope they’re not being pushed out for a new, younger generation.  I would miss quite a few.

Trusted Contributor

I think QVC needs to cut Kristine Zell. She just hasn't improved like the other three hosts in her training class. Cathy P has improved greatly, Courtney K is good but also even Mary Nelson who was green is getting better. Kristine stumbles and fumbles alot and looks flustered on air. Anyone agree Kristine isnt cutting it?
Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with you.  I don't care for Kristine at all.

Valued Contributor

I'm really liking Cathy P. and Mary Nelson from the newer hosts.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen any of the new ones.  But then, I suppose I'd have to watch to see them.  Woman LOL

Aside from Leah Saturday mornings, I really haven't watched much throughout the 6 month "Christmas season".

I will probably pick and choose my way through the next couple of months avoiding plant shows, nutri-barf, fitness junk, and the usual pre-spring garbage they sell.

Respected Contributor

Re: Newest Group of Hosts

[ Edited ]

I watched Anthony, the new host., last night.  Thought he was great.  Nice voice, not hyper, very informative and professional.   Head and shoulders above the other Male hosts and overall, my favorite host now.  I have only caught small glimpses of one or two of the other brand new hosts.  The last batch they hired (Mary, Cathy, Kristine and Kortney) are instant channel changers for me.  

Trusted Contributor
I watched Mary Nelson for the first time on a fashion show. I think that's her name anyway, she has flat ironed blonde hair, in her 30s. She was excellent and seems to have a sense of fashion, very informative unlike other hosts who just go on about how gorgeous an item is, But have nothing else to say.