Respected Contributor

I purchased a piece of Ripka jewelry.  It was shipped December 15.  My tracking number said that it was shipped UPS Mail Innovations.  After arriving in Chicago it was transferred to USPS, I gather, for delivery.  It has added a day or two to the shipping time. Is this new or has this new UPS Mail Innovations been a shipping method for some time.

Respected Contributor

Re: New UPS Mail Innovations

@culebra: I constantly have my UPS packages transferred to the post office. Yes, it adds time.

Honored Contributor

If you are implying it's a holiday thing, no.

It's a terrible program.

My post office can't even deliver regular mail, much less packages.

@culebra wrote:

I purchased a piece of Ripka jewelry.  It was shipped December 15.  My tracking number said that it was shipped UPS Mail Innovations.  After arriving in Chicago it was transferred to USPS, I gather, for delivery.  It has added a day or two to the shipping time. Is this new or has this new UPS Mail Innovations been a shipping method for some time.

Respected Contributor

Only reason I was inquiring was that I needed the bracelet to be delivered today so I could take on trip.  I thought I had purchased in enought time.  Obviously I did not as the bracelet will not arrive in time.  I had not seen that UPS mail innovations systems previously. Live and learn!

Honored Contributor

My problem with it is there is no tracking when it gets passed over   I was sure that my JTV order was lost. After 5 days after the date when it should have been delivered it showed it was in Rochester, and it never changed.I finally got it, but the same thing happened with an order from  Country Curtains. Something happens between UPS Innovations and USPS, and it's not good.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

In my case, when something is shipped this way, I know to allow 10-14 days for delivery.  The last item I tracked that was shipped this way traveled well north of me, and then turn around and was received at a post office about 300 miles south of me.  Turned out is was caught in a "loop".  I expect the same with a current order (which I had meant to purchase elsewhere). 

Honored Contributor

No,  it is not new and no,  it is not good.   USPS loses about as many as they deliver. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's been around for a while. Packages must go thru China before being delivered as long as it takes. LOL!!! 

Evine shipped 1 of my packages thru mail innovations. It was dropped off a week ago & still has not gone any place. Nothing I need for Christmas so does not matter when I get it. They are just slow. 

Respected Contributor

I solved that problem by getting an account with UPS (I think it's called My Choice and it's around $40 a year).  You can check a box in the preferences that automatically upgrades your shipments so that they are no longer passed over to USPS.  I love it.  They email a day before your deliveries are scheduled and also on the day of delivery. 

Honored Contributor

@santorini I checked it out.

There is a benefit described as "authorize shipment release." Does that mean that you can also have packages delivered without a signature which might normally require a signature? Or is that in reference to authorizing shipment release from USPS to UPS?