Honored Contributor

Re: New UPS Mail Innovations

@culebra wrote:

I purchased a piece of Ripka jewelry.  It was shipped December 15.  My tracking number said that it was shipped UPS Mail Innovations.  After arriving in Chicago it was transferred to USPS, I gather, for delivery.  It has added a day or two to the shipping time. Is this new or has this new UPS Mail Innovations been a shipping method for some time.

Q has been shipping like this for quite a while. I think it's one reason they could cut their S&H costs down to $3 per item.  This is much cheaper for QVC and yes, it does at time to the delivery.

Frequent Contributor

Replying to yours, mine, and everyone else's frustratations.  I am the one who started the electronic shipping post a few items down.  There is no way we can stop this except to not buy and you know as well as I that we will see something we like and order.  QVC, I want you to know how horrible your shipping is.  Please consider dropping this New Innovations thing.  I'll gladly pay you the extra $1.50 to send by USPS normally. I said it before, taking advantage of their customers to make more money in shipping. 

Honored Contributor

I really don't have any problems with packages being delivered via UPS Mail Innovations. It only adds one day on to my delivery but more times than not UPS will still deliver my package. My tracking says that they will be in my area and will be delivering my package instead of USPS. I live in a pretty rural area but still get all my packages pretty fast!  Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

i am fine with my packages being delivered by straight USPS. i am MORE fine with my packages being delivered by straight UPS. however, i cannot stand the UPS mail innovations which slows up deliveries by days. i have had packages sitting at the post office for 4 days now......and no delivery. it takes crazy route also when that service is used.

no, i am not a fan of paying extra when i am already paying $9 to get my items delivered. i want a quality delivery service and i dont want to have to pay extra for something i should already be receiving.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It's not only that it's slower.  I've had packages lost at the hand-off point; they just disappear from the tracking "radar" never to be seen again.  QVC has made good on those by refunding my money, but clearly packages have gotten lost in transit at the exchange location.

Contributor

I think it may depend upon how well run your local post office is. Where I used to live it added only 1-2 days extra time. Where I live now...well, sometimes 3-5 days and I live close to Pa (on eastern LI, NY)

Contributor

This is a pet peeve of mine...not only with QVC but other vendors as well. I live in the NYC area. Obviously, it is CHEAPER for QVC to use "UPS-Sure Post". United Parcel ships to your local Post Office and, in turn, the post office is SUPPOSED to deliver your package. WRONG !!!! Once your package is "handed off" to the Post Office, the United Parcel tracking number that QVC has provided is no longer valid. Your package is assigned a "Post Office Tracking Number". I CANNOT tell you how many packages have DISAPPEARED after being delivered to my local post office. They do not answer the phone and if you visit the post office YOU CANNOT speak with the Manager. You have to wait, at least, a half hour before a "supervisior" appears. They take your information and promise to call you with the results. NEVER HAPPENS ! Now, what recourse do you have....NONE....You can't call them because they don't answer the phone !!!! I live in an apt building and postal employees REFUSE to deliver packages to your door; they simply dump them in the lobby and, naturally, they are stolen.I also belive that theft on the part of the postal works is rampant.

So, the only solution available to me is to ship my packages to my local United Parcel store. The store is located on a "main street". The postal truck pulls up and runs into the store w/ the package. I PAY UNITED PARCEL A FEE OF $3.00 FOR EACH PACKAGE.

However, a few weeks back....I shipped a package to my UPS store....it never arrived and the Post Office has disavowed any knowledge of the package even though they acknowledge receiving the package on their website....

I am sick and tired to having to add an additional $3 on every order I place online. I cannot trust that QVC will place every item in the same package. In the past, they have shipped an order to me in separate bags.....consequently, I am charged $3 for every bag.

I just placed an order for 3 pants....same item, different colors. I am shipping it directly to my home and I'm hoping for the best.

As a result, I have cut back DRAMATICALLY on my QVC orders. I cannot imagine that an organization the size of QVC can't find a solution. I'm not the only individual with this issue....just ask the millions of my fellow New Yorkers !

Frequent Contributor

I purchased pretzels that were delivered with this method and my mail carrier must have thrown the package on my door step as most of the pretzels were broken.  The box the pretzels came in was placed in a plastic bag with no other protection and no label with fragile contents.  I was not happy.  Called QVC and they did credit back the cost of the pretzels but I wanted to use these as presents for stockings and for people at work and I couldn't use them.  At the last minute I'm scrambling for other items.  Learned my lesson and won't be buying anything fragile again.

Esteemed Contributor

Mail Innovations is a terrible service.  If I knew my package would be sent through this service I would not order it.  My latest is that I ordered something on December 21 and since then it has travelled to five different cities including my own then traveled again somewhere else and I still have not received it.  At some point it stated it was sorted incorrectly and it went traveling again. This is the second time this has happened to me.  This is a totally unreliable service.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Mail Innovations is a terrible service.  If I knew my package would be sent through this service I would not order it.  My latest is that I ordered something on December 21 and since then it has travelled to five different cities including my own then traveled again somewhere else and I still have not received it.  At some point it stated it was sorted incorrectly and it went traveling again. This is the second time this has happened to me.  This is a totally unreliable service.

So sorry @Biftu .  I hope your travelling package is at least send you post cards along its way.  Smiley Happy

I've experienced this also.   It arrives at my city's P.O. and then takes off again.   My mail carrier tells me just what you've said - it gets missorted.   Mail Innovations should be renamed Mail Errors.   It's very unreliable in addition to being slower.    All to save QVC some money on shipping.   Not worth it!